Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weed  (Read 1124 times)

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
Weed
« on: December 29, 2019, 10:18:19 am »

I had a gig the other night to shoot some photos at a commercial cannabis grow operation. That was a first for me! It was more difficult than I originally envisioned with odd spectrum harsh light, tons of humidity, and fans making everything move. They are also 7' tall so I shot a lot from a step ladder. It's tightly run and heavily regulated. Pretty interesting to see. Teenaged me would have flipped out!  8)

IMGP6023-Edit by Matt Burt, on Flickr

IMGP5728-Edit by Matt Burt, on Flickr

IMGP5784-Edit by Matt Burt, on Flickr

« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 12:35:51 pm by MattBurt »
-MattB

stevehayes

Re: Weed
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 06:16:22 am »

Nice photos! I saw this old thread and wanted to say you that these photos are great. But I don't like weed itself, TBH. Because there is nothing good about it. Except these photos.

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 11:45:43 am »

Nice photos! I saw this old thread and wanted to say you that these photos are great. But I don't like weed itself, TBH. Because there is nothing good about it. Except these photos.

Thanks! I had fun doing the shoot. I'll admit I do enjoy some weed when the moment is right too and here in Colorado that is no big deal. I think it's a nice lower impact alternative to alcohol.
At the shoot it was strictly business with no consumption or any exchange of product (it's not a retail establishment). State law has things pretty tightly controlled in similar ways to alcohol but tighter. It has generated a lot of tax revenue that gets put toward education and abuse prevention. I'd rather it happens this way than funding organized crime.

-MattB

mulockmic464

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 06:38:11 pm »

Abrupt withdrawal from tobacco use is fraught with hand tremors, dry mouth, and, most importantly, the compulsive desire to take a drag on a cigarette

maximilienolen

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 09:12:34 am »

Wow, shooting photos at a cannabis grow operation sounds like quite the experience! I can imagine the challenges with the lighting and humidity. It's fascinating how tightly regulated and structured these operations are. Reminds me of when I first explored alternatives like https://www.trythecbd.com/products/hhc-gummies/. Who would've thought teenage me would see this day?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 04:35:33 am by maximilienolen »
Pages: [1]   Go Up