Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P600 - No Custom Sizes in Front Fine Art Tray?  (Read 337 times)

roseha

Epson P600 - No Custom Sizes in Front Fine Art Tray?
« on: December 28, 2019, 09:30:25 pm »

Hi, I have just had a frustrating experience with trying to print on one of a special pre-cut box of 25 sheets of 11 x 11 inch Red River Palo Duro Etching Paper for a submission to a show.  Earlier this year I had found out that the P600 would not accept anything smaller than 8-1/2 x 11 in the fine art tray, and I remember asking Epson if the tray would take larger sizes, they had told me it would, though I can't find the email - perhaps I called or messaged them.  However, when I input the 11 x 11 size, I could only use the "Poster Board" setting and the machine directed me to close the back fine art tray.  The print came out with a thick line across it.  Maybe I could solve this by moving the machine away from the furniture, but is there a work-around to this?  I see there is a 12 x 12, and an 11 x 14 fine art setting, as well as such odd sizes as 10 x 14 (does anyone sell that?) but I wonder if there is a way to "fool" the P600 to accepting custom fine art sizes.  I've already bought a new box of 11 x 14 but I have 24 of the other pages left...I wish Epson would be more clear about what sizes the fine art tray does and does not accept!  Thanks
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 12:30:11 am by roseha »

Rand47

Re: Epson P600 - No Custom Sizes in Front Fine Art Tray?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 02:21:40 pm »

Not sure if you're Mac or Windows, but on my Windows machine, in Lightroom, using the Epson Driver settings, I have no trouble creating an 11x11" user-defined paper size, that feeds from the front fine art feed slot.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

roseha

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 12:25:15 am »

Hi Rand

Thanks very much for the info.  I am on a Mac and normally print from Photoshop CS6 but I see that Lightroom 6 does indeed allow printing 11 x 11 on the front fine art tray.  I did manage to print the two images I was working on (they are square 9 inch pinhole images with borders) by "fudging" the settings, telling Photoshop CS6 I was printing on 11x14 and using a 1 inch top margin to move the images up to fit within 11 x 11. But this is much better of course especially as I can center the image as usual.   A few more steps but well worth it. :) Thanks again.

Rand47

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 09:07:43 am »

Hi roseha,

Glad to be of help.  I use a smart object workflow in PS from initial ingestion and basic tone mapping in LR, but I find the LR Print Module so much better than printing out of PS that I almost never do that anymore (the exception is when the finished file is too big to be saved and recognized by LR).  The ability to soft proof in LR is much easier. The clincher for me is the ability to make print templates that have media type, paper size, feed choice, margins, ICC profile chosen for the paper, and all the other user selectable details that are paper/printer specific - a “one click” operation!  E.g. you could create a template for this specific project so that each image is placed exactly the same on the paper with all the other settings “proper”- in a single click. 

Good luck w/ the project! 

Rand
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up