Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enlightened  (Read 3114 times)

Rob C

Re: Enlightened
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2019, 05:04:10 am »

Whilst I respect the Roversi oeuvre, he is not amongst my favourites. For my tastes, it is photography too wrapped in the old world of paintings. That does not in any way imply it isn't great, simply that I prefer other ways. Both Moon and Turbeville are given to romantic imagery too, but in a less overpoweringly and flamboyantly over-powdered and sweet manner. An Italian Eugenio Recuenco, then.

I suppose that I think him to photography what Alexander McQueen was to fashion.

Rob

Todd Suttles

• Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2020, 08:21:52 pm »

Fair enough. I am not disagreeing.

~ This was taken in almost total darkness of a night club, where everyone, including the subject, was dancing, from vigorously to barely perceptible. ~
I THINK the best part of this entire thread is that Slobodan was (1)in a nightclub, (2)late at night, in darkness, (3)on the dance floor, (4)joining the action, (5)documenting!!  impressive!

[forgive me if this is too forward, I don't know you. I just like the visual and intend it as admiration]
One Day At A Time

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2020, 03:58:21 am »

I THINK the best part of this entire thread is that Slobodan was (1)in a nightclub, (2)late at night, in darkness, (3)on the dance floor, (4)joining the action, (5)documenting!!  impressive!

[forgive me if this is too forward, I don't know you. I just like the visual and intend it as admiration]

I would also be very impressed by Slobodan in a documentary about his nightclub life.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Rob C

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2020, 05:04:02 am »

I would also be very impressed by Slobodan in a documentary about his nightclub life.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, it's a lot more active than my nocturnal life!

For example: I had a short extension cable made that I could plug into a longer existing one so that I could plug in my earphones and listen to the tv in comfort, and again understand the words being spoken (there's something distorting the sound in the speakers); to my delight, the sound through the 'phones is perfect, so I can both enjoy selected programmes as well as rest assured that the problem doesn't reside in my ears. And the payoff? I watched a tv rerun of Universal Soldier, something that had already been on a discarded video cassette made years and years ago. Oh the thrill.

But Slobodan's an American now, and as with all Americans abroad, will be subjected to hundreds of new best friends in any bar into which he steps. Or at least, non-Middle Eastern ones.

I saw on the news yesterday - another song lurks - that music cassette sales have gone up into the 80,000s in Britain! Good news; I still have my double tape deck and it works! (It was always good to have a spare copy of anything just for the time when the original cassette decided to choke itself and the machine into silence.)

This could signal the imminent return of Kodachrome processing.

;-)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2020, 08:48:44 am »

Finally a gentleman’s comment in this thread! Thank you, Tod! :)

And (6) in a good company.

Dark it was.

(With apologies to Ivo for the horrendous image quality)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2020, 09:27:03 am »

Finally a gentleman’s comment in this thread! Thank you, Tod! :)

And (6) in a good company.

Dark it was.

(With apologies to Ivo for the horrendous image quality)

Because it’s all happening under the Betlehem star, it’s forgiven.  :) :) :) :) :) ;)

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2020, 02:35:36 pm »

My personal wish for 2020 is that I might take an iPhone photo that would generate at least 46 comments on LuLa!   ;)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Rob C

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2020, 09:20:16 am »

My personal wish for 2020 is that I might take an iPhone photo that would generate at least 46 comments on LuLa!   ;)

A secondary wish for me is the same, but on the understanding that somebody else buys the cellphone for me as a gift. Otherwise, in the general rapport prix qualité...

My next wish, Eric, is that both of us continue well into the future sharing such desires on LuLa.

;-)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2020, 10:07:11 am »

A secondary wish for me is the same, but on the understanding that somebody else buys the cellphone for me as a gift. Otherwise, in the general rapport prix qualité...

My next wish, Eric, is that both of us continue well into the future sharing such desires on LuLa.

;-)

What a strange world we are living in. In the old days, we wrote a letter to Santa, not so greedy to claim a brand new cellphone and preferably a photography low light capable one, but we asked for some moderate priced stuff, like east European asbestos and PCB oil containing electronics.

Now we claim our wishes at Lula.  :o
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 10:24:15 am by Ivo_B »

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2020, 02:02:45 pm »

What a strange world we are living in. In the old days, we wrote a letter to Santa, not so greedy to claim a brand new cellphone and preferably a photography low light capable one, but we asked for some moderate priced stuff, like east European asbestos and PCB oil containing electronics.

You mean LuLa isn't Santa???      :o

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2020, 02:08:56 pm »

You mean LuLa isn't Santa???      :o

You still believe in LuLa?

;-)

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2020, 02:36:11 pm »

;-)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Rob C

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2020, 03:04:25 pm »

;-)

Both? Santa and LuLa?

:-)

Rob C

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2020, 03:08:37 pm »

Moderately priced stuff; you must be speaking about Soviet "steel" that made my Fiat and then my Alfa? It also managed to make Lancia get withdrawn from Britain completely!

Ivo_B

• www.ivophoto.be
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2020, 03:26:33 pm »

Moderately priced stuff; you must be speaking about Soviet "steel" that made my Fiat and then my Alfa? It also managed to make Lancia get withdrawn from Britain completely!

And the Flemish steel for Lada. It corroded from inside out.

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2020, 09:39:54 am »

Both? Santa and LuLa?

And the Great Pumpkin, as well as the Great God Deardorff.

Rob C

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2020, 09:27:18 am »

And the Great Pumpkin, as well as the Great God Deardorff.

Those are very material gods, Eric. How about saints, such as Ansel the Elder, for starters, or minor ones in white?

This comes to mind right now (sitting on an unnaturally sunny terrace for winter, iPad on knees), because my recently discovered rock 'n' roll station - 77 Big Wave Radio, from Rockingham, North Carolina - has switched to bluesy gospel music, presumably because it's Sunday; boy, the devil sure don't have all the best music even if he shares some of the same musos!

Stephen Ray

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2020, 07:34:36 pm »

#shotoniphone

Striking image. Appropriate. Recognizable. Stylish. Tonal separation where it counts. Could be a billboard.

My preference would be a 3x4 aspect ratio, less prominent foreground hand. Otherwise...

Well done.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up