Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help please - some photos of older tilt and/or shift lenses needed  (Read 829 times)

keithcooper

• Northlight Images

I'm currently writing a book about using tilt/shift/PC lenses and need some photos of Nikon PC-E lenses.

Whilst many other companies (inc. Canon and Hasselblad) have been happy to loan kit I don't have, I've not been able to get any significant help from Nikon UK :-(

For a web article I'd simply use images from Nikon press releases, but book publishers need formal usage permissions, and I've found that even getting that is difficult.

If anyone has an example of one or more of these lenses, I'd love to include a photo along with the specification lists ad info I've already collected.  I'm afraid there's no budget for the book but photos would be fully credited in the book and any related articles.

So what would I like?

Some photos of any of the following lenses on their own, on a plain background

Older Nikon PC lenses

• 35/3.5
  • 35/2.8
  • 28/4
  • 85/2.8 (1999 85 mm f/2.8D PC Micro-Nikkor)

Newer PC-E lenses

• PC- E 19mm / 24mm / 45mm /85mm

For the PC-E Ideally side views, showing full tilt and shift and no movements at all.

If you could help, please send me a message here or email me at Northlight Images?

I really want the book (due late 2020) to include a good range of example equipment, even though most of the content is about how you make use of such lenses, whatever make systems are used.

NB - Some other lens photos I still need are:

• Olympus 24mm and 35mm shift lenses
  • Canon FD mount 35mm shift lens
  • Canon TS-E24mm F3.5L  (mk1 version)

Thanks for any help - Keith

phila

• www.philaphoto.com
Re: help please - some photos of older tilt and/or shift lenses needed
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 01:49:30 am »

I'm sorry I can't help with images but good on you for doing the book! Put me down for one. Do you have the T/S-E A4 brochure Canon put out in 1994? 20 pages. Titled "The impossible picture". I just discovered my copy yesterday in a big clean out and would be happy to post it over to you. It will hit the bin otherwise. A small return for all the excellent info I have read on your site over the years.

nazdravanul

• Stefan Iacob - visual artist
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 03:26:21 am »

I only have the Hartblei Zeiss tilt shift lenses. I’m sure Stefan Steib from Hcam will be happy to allow you to use his studio shots of the lenses
— if needed.

Paul_Roark

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 11:29:08 am »

I have the old 35mm Tilt/Shift Canon (breach lock) I could shot if needed.  FWIW, I find 35mm more useful for landscape work than the more modern 24 and 45 Canons.   I adapted an old 35 TS to the Sony a7rii.  Works great; highly recommended.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 04:40:21 pm »

If you are still interested, I have an old PC-Nikon 35mm f/2.8. Give me a couple of days and I can send you a few product shots

StephenOzcomert

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 10:11:03 pm »

I have pics from when I sold am OM 24 if they would be of help.  Beautiful lens but not very sharp.

keithcooper

• Northlight Images
Book done - thanks to everyone
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 05:24:32 pm »

Thanks to everyone who's offered help and pics!

I've now finished writing the book, and it's been sent off to the publishers (along with ~480 pics) to be turned into a 'proper book'. I don't have a publication date yet, but hopefully later this year...
Pages: [1]   Go Up