Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about Canon PIXMA Pro-100 for Mac  (Read 254 times)

switters

Questions about Canon PIXMA Pro-100 for Mac
« on: December 22, 2019, 08:58:22 am »

I've had an Epson SC P600 for the past few years, but it just died. I'm not printing nearly as much these days, and I'll often go weeks between prints. I don't need a 17" wide printer anymore.

For these reasons, I'm thinking of replacing the SC P600 with a PIXMA Pro-100. From what I've read, it seems to be a great choice for low-volume users who don't need 17" wide and don't print a lot on thick matte papers. I print mostly on glossy or baryta paper. And with the current holiday rebate, it's only $149 net, which is a steal.

However, as I was researching, I came across a few negative reviews on B&H claiming that it's not possible to disable color management in the PIXMA Pro driver. The author of the review said this means you can't use ICC profiles for specific papers and then have Lightroom or Photoshop control the color output. This is exactly what I've done with the SC P600 for years.

Is this correct? Seems like I'd be seeing a lot more complaints about it in reviews.

Also, a couple recent, negative reviews said the driver hasn't been updated for OS X Catalina. Is that true?

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up