Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Print Studio Pro and MacOS 10.15 Catalina  (Read 936 times)

francescogola

• Francesco Gola
Canon Print Studio Pro and MacOS 10.15 Catalina
« on: December 22, 2019, 05:50:06 am »

Hello guys,
Unfortunately Canon after several months from the release of MacOS 10.15 Catalina didn't update yet their plugin Canon Print Studio Pro (unbelievable, but true).
For different reasons I need to update to Catalina, but in this way my Pixma Pro 1 printer will be unusable.
Did you find any workaround or can you suggest a better solution to manage a Canon Prima Pro printer?
Thank you!
Francesco Gola

www.francescogola.net

henrikolsen

Re: Canon Print Studio Pro and MacOS 10.15 Catalina
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 11:00:27 am »

Does it not work for you in 10.15? I normally don't use it, but just launched 2.2.3 to try (after two years since last try) to print a target (for profiling/characterization) from PSP. I launched it from Lightroom, and it seems to behave like normal. Including still not working for printing targets, as it's still way off in output compared to ACPU and ColorSync, confirmed with OEM profile expectations. No biggie for me, was just curios. Staying with ACPU. Target printing is not normal use for PSP.

vikcious

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 08:27:05 am »

Does it not work for you in 10.15? I normally don't use it, but just launched 2.2.3 to try (after two years since last try) to print a target (for profiling/characterization) from PSP. I launched it from Lightroom, and it seems to behave like normal. Including still not working for printing targets, as it's still way off in output compared to ACPU and ColorSync, confirmed with OEM profile expectations. No biggie for me, was just curios. Staying with ACPU. Target printing is not normal use for PSP.

Cheers! Beware that ACPU does not work with PRO-x000. I think that even Mark Seagal mentioned that in his review Canon PRO-2000 Review. Not to mention my threads on that specific issues and creating proper paper profiles for the PRO-x000 series. Photoshop Plugin Print Studio Pro should be used for printing targets or, if you use it, i1Profiler + direct driver settings.
|| One screw-up is a mistake, two screw-ups is a trend, three screw-ups is a style ||

Brookie

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 09:58:13 am »

I just started printing when I purchased a Pixma Pro-10 in December. I had already updated to Catalina. Prior to purchasing I had no knowledge of Print Shop Pro. So, I was pretty frustrated when I first started using my printer. Wrote to Canon and complained and told them I wished I had bought an Epson - that of course was a waste of energy.

Anyway........ I have been able to print directly from Lightroom. I have been able to have good success with it. Never having used PSP I’m not sure what features I may be missing out on. Also, to print from LR without PSP you do sometimes need to go out of LR to the actual printer driver to make an adjustment to some features like setting up for use of thicker papers/head strike avoidance. Never having used PSP I don’t know if this can all be done within the plugin or not. I would hope that Canon is smart enough to make PSP much more user friendly, but apparently they aren’t smart enough to update their own software even though they have had well over a year to do so .............

So I have been able to print with reasonable success without PSP. But I can’t say whether or not you are going to have all of the capabilities that PSP may provide. Hope that helps a bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up