Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Defining SVG Classes in Illustrator  (Read 216 times)

feckman

Defining SVG Classes in Illustrator
« on: December 16, 2019, 04:25:54 pm »

Hello, I know it's probably a long shot, but I am having a website built which includes an online print layout tool or "builder".  The builder combines various design controls, and one of them is the ability to add and change logo fill colors and outline (stroke) thicknesses and colors.  I have provided my developer with SVG logos exported from Illustrator, but he says that they are not usable because they do not have any classes defined that specifically identify the "BODY" and "OUTLINE" elements of the logo.

He has, however, been able to do this on text/fonts added inside the builder.

That said, can anyone provide guidance on how or where to apply classes in Illustrator that would allow this?  I have tried various things with Graphic Styles in Illustrator, but I can't seem to get them to flow through to the SVG code.  I have also manually added the classes and applied them to elements in the SVG XML but for some reason I get two separate logos with different fills rather than one logo with a fill color and an outline.  I can post or send the SVG code if anyone thinks they can help.

Thanks in advance!

--Jim.
Pages: [1]   Go Up