Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring Recipes to another computer  (Read 519 times)

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
Transferring Recipes to another computer
« on: December 12, 2019, 05:00:47 pm »

Hi all,

I have made a series of recipies with lots of tags etc that I'd like to share with a collegue so he doens't have to remake them.

I thought it would be as simple as finding the recipie files and copying them into his recipie folder...

That doesn't seem to have worked.

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Andrew
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

uptownguydenver

• Denverphotoscapes
Re: Transferring Recipes to another computer
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 09:13:07 pm »

Andrew,

On a Mac all the files for Capture One are in /Users/"your user name”/Library/Application Support/Capture One  in there you will find Recipes, Styles, Templates, Workspaces, Plug-ins etc.
Hold down the Option key and select Go from the Finder window to show your Library

On Windows C:\Users\"your user name”\AppData\Local\CaptureOne

So you can copy what items you want to other computers.
Phase One Certified Professional. Available for Digital-Tech and photo assistant work in the Denver

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 05:32:40 am »

Thanks.

This is what we tried.
It didn't seem to work.

confused face....

A

Andrew,

On a Mac all the files for Capture One are in /Users/"your user name”/Library/Application Support/Capture One  in there you will find Recipes, Styles, Templates, Workspaces, Plug-ins etc.
Hold down the Option key and select Go from the Finder window to show your Library

On Windows C:\Users\"your user name”\AppData\Local\CaptureOne

So you can copy what items you want to other computers.
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

jwlimages

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 11:10:28 pm »

I have made a series of recipies with lots of tags etc that I'd like to share with a collegue so he doens't have to remake them...

I don't know precisely what you mean by "recipes with lots of tags etc", but if you mean the .cos files that store adjustments (edits) to the raw files, well I have a related question which might help you:

I have built a catalog from raw files sent to me. I do image edits, then output .tifs or .psds for them. But there are times we would like to exchange the .cos files, for example, to let them show my edits on the raw files back at their shop. So what is the best way to extract those .cos files from my catalog? So far the only success I have had is to have C1 "Export" > "original files" to a local hard disk. This copies the original raw files + corresponding .cos files, which means I have extra copies of the raw files I need to delete (can be cumbersome when you deal with 100's of 50MP files).

Is there any way to extract just the .cos files from a catalog?

(if I understand sessions workflow correctly, the .cos files are always with the raw files & can be easily copied via Mac's Finder - but I need to work with catalogs to be able to show e.g., the totality of the last several, or 10 or 12 import sessions)    Oh, and I'm using Capture One v.12

Thanks,

John
JWL Images
Pages: [1]   Go Up