Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF and Mac  (Read 398 times)

deanwork

Canon IPF and Mac
« on: December 12, 2019, 04:49:09 am »

Does anyone know the lost recent Mac OS that will support the Canon 8300 and 8400s, especially the Photoshop plugin?

John

I.T. Supplies

gkroeger

Re: Canon IPF and Mac
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 09:18:43 am »

The latest supported macOS versions per Canon are not gospel.  According to Canon, our IPF8000s is only supported through El Capitan (10.11) but I run those drivers with no issues on High Sierra (10.13).  Catalina is a whole 'nother ball game due to deprication of 32bit support.

deanwork

Re: Canon IPF and Mac
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 03:31:55 pm »

Yea I’m running El Capitan now on an older Mac Pro so it’s good to know that it will work on a newer Mac with High Sierra.

I remember when I switched to El Capitan at first the Canon Photoshop Plugin didn’t work, but I called Canon support  and he showed me how to do something during installation of the plugin and then it has worked perfectly ever since.

So I guess High Sierra is the end of the line for Mac and the 8300.

Does the Canon Photoshop Plugin work on Windows 7 and 10. I’ve just never tried the printer on a pc. I have one I use for other things.

John

The latest supported macOS versions per Canon are not gospel.  According to Canon, our IPF8000s is only supported through El Capitan (10.11) but I run those drivers with no issues on High Sierra (10.13).  Catalina is a whole 'nother ball game due to deprication of 32bit support.
Pages: [1]   Go Up