Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB Imacon 528C, adapter plates, LC shutter, etc.  (Read 456 times)

Luxivore

WTB Imacon 528C, adapter plates, LC shutter, etc.
« on: December 10, 2019, 04:28:57 pm »

I'm hunting an Imacon 528c, or an equivalent 22mb MFDB w/ multishot capability. Alternatives to this are the Sinar 54h, Hasselblad 22ms, or the rare Jenoptik version of them. They all share the same Dalsa 9um sensor, I believe.

The Imacon would have shipped with a photobank, which I'd also prefer to buy together, but if it's not supplied I'd still be interesting in purchasing them separately.

I'd also need the Hasselblad V-system adapter plate, possibly an LC shutter and the wiring for multi-shot. So if you have any of the above, I could do this piecemeal too.

Also, please let me know if you have any leads.

-Luxivore

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Re: WTB Imacon 528C, adapter plates, LC shutter, etc.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 05:02:38 pm »

I'm hunting an Imacon 528c, or an equivalent 22mb MFDB w/ multishot capability. Alternatives to this are the Sinar 54h, Hasselblad 22ms, or the rare Jenoptik version of them. They all share the same Dalsa 9um sensor, I believe.

The Imacon would have shipped with a photobank, which I'd also prefer to buy together, but if it's not supplied I'd still be interesting in purchasing them separately.

I'd also need the Hasselblad V-system adapter plate, possibly an LC shutter and the wiring for multi-shot. So if you have any of the above, I could do this piecemeal too.

Also, please let me know if you have any leads.

-Luxivore

The Imacon 528-C and Sinar 54H digital backs utilized the Kodak 22mp sensor, which did share the 9um attribute, at least. The Jenoptik version used the Dalsa 9um sensor.

I don't have any of those digital backs at the moment (I do have an LC Shutter, if you end up needing that, please let me know).

Steve Hendrix/CI
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Luxivore

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 03:25:27 pm »

Hey Steve,

I've (tentatively) acquired an Imacon 528c. Went through another forum, and the guy lives on the other side of the world. So it might take a bit to get here. But do you know anything about taking multishots with these type of backs? My understanding is, that if you aren't using a digital lens, like you'd find with an H1, you have to use an external LC shutter, correct? I'm just not sure of the specifics of this type of equipment. I've seen shutters from Sinar, but don't know how to check compatibility with lenses, or what cords would be necessary for this to take place. I'm a student, so not a lot of money to burn. Trying to do it as budget as possible. Already halved my expense on the back vs. most listings. What does one of these things go for?

The back will be multipurpose, possibly for art-repro, and portraiture, but my main focus is using it to scan film. Adapting a 100mm APO from a Coolscan 8000/9000, mounting it and using bellows to set the focus. Would this be possible with an LC?

Thanks,
Linus

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 07:54:53 pm »

Hi,
Just chiming in since I've used my CF-528 for 'scanning' film also and I can say with first hand knowledge that you can achieve results that are superior to a Creo IQsmart 3 (which I also have) on 6x6 negatives without stitching when you use the 528 in 16 shot mode.  Issues you'll have will be primarily focusing accurately and keeping the geometry of your scanning set-up perfect - very slight differences in focus will soften the results.    I have used also the same set-up for art reproduction compared to the 80mp digital backs and found it superior in some circumstances.  The 528C will give you the same image quality as the CF-528.  These are simply fantastic backs.
Regards,
Eric
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up