Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where's the Nikon 70-210 for Z?  (Read 2485 times)

John Camp

Where's the Nikon 70-210 for Z?
« on: December 05, 2019, 08:02:09 pm »

Still on the roadmap, but we're running out of year. Anybody heard anything?

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Where's the Nikon 70-210 for Z?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 08:14:47 pm »

Maybe they ran into some problem for Nikon-Netherland expected it already one month ago.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 09:59:12 pm »

Yes, quite strange.

It could be that they will releass the 120-300mm f2.8 first, hoping that some photographers will buy that lens first?

Cheers,
Bernard

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 04:34:08 am »

I read today that the 70 to 200 scheduled for release on 14 Feb has delayed due to production issues with no new release date provided.
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 06:09:42 am »

I wonder if the situation in China is causing or will cause delays for manufacturers elsewhere?

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 06:27:03 am »

I would imagine so. I placed an order for a vertical grip for a Sony back in December. When it didn’t turn up the local distributed told me because of the Corona virus. Take me for an idiot. Took B&H the usual couple of days to get one to me. Point of my story is the situation in China might be a bigger excuse for in competence than having any real effect.

What I read regarding the delays with the 70 to 200 seemed to imply QC issues on the production line but that could be my reading. Didn’t mention capacity issues at all and certainly nothing to do with the corona virus outbreak

KLaban

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 07:54:02 am »

I would imagine so. I placed an order for a vertical grip for a Sony back in December. When it didn’t turn up the local distributed told me because of the Corona virus. Take me for an idiot. Took B&H the usual couple of days to get one to me. Point of my story is the situation in China might be a bigger excuse for in competence than having any real effect.

What I read regarding the delays with the 70 to 200 seemed to imply QC issues on the production line but that could be my reading. Didn’t mention capacity issues at all and certainly nothing to do with the corona virus outbreak

You're right, in that there will always be those looking to use this situation as an excuse.

Perhaps they've run out of lens caps?

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 10:48:47 pm »

I read today that the 70 to 200 scheduled for release on 14 Feb has delayed due to production issues with no new release date provided.

Martin,

I see that you are still remarkably consistent in quickly highlighting any Nikon related issue. ;)

At least they were able to identify this problem before shipping lenses to customers.

I am impacted by this delay as I have this lens on order. Is it the case for you also?

Cheers,
Bernard

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 12:38:38 am »

Yes Bernard. And you might also notice that I am also quick to have a go at Sony over the poor service I received from them.

Calm yourself Bernard. The systems I am most likely to use are Sony, Nikon and Canon. In that order. I follow developments quite closely with these systems. I consider it a part of my job. Of the three systems the one that annoys me the most is Nikon because my expectations have been the highest for Nikon and my disappointment consequently the greatest. That disappointment is not due to poor quality of the equipment but other issues. 

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 06:12:20 am »

Yes Bernard. And you might also notice that I am also quick to have a go at Sony over the poor service I received from them.

Calm yourself Bernard. The systems I am most likely to use are Sony, Nikon and Canon. In that order. I follow developments quite closely with these systems. I consider it a part of my job. Of the three systems the one that annoys me the most is Nikon because my expectations have been the highest for Nikon and my disappointment consequently the greatest. That disappointment is not due to poor quality of the equipment but other issues.

I am perfectly calm, just amused.

Cheers,
Bernard

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 07:56:21 am »

I am perfectly calm, just amused.

Cheers,
Bernard

The topic of this thread is “Where is the Nikon 70-210 for Z” and when I post that the lens has apparently been delayed you find my response amusing? I made no disparaging remarks but merely posted a simple statement of fact. It is relevant and potentially helpful to anyone interested in this lens. Are you implying that unless you have this lens on order you should not comment or contribute to this thread? Should I perhaps point you to topics where you have no clown in the circus yet have quite a lot to say?

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 04:44:13 pm »

The topic of this thread is “Where is the Nikon 70-210 for Z” and when I post that the lens has apparently been delayed you find my response amusing? I made no disparaging remarks but merely posted a simple statement of fact. It is relevant and potentially helpful to anyone interested in this lens. Are you implying that unless you have this lens on order you should not comment or contribute to this thread? Should I perhaps point you to topics where you have no clown in the circus yet have quite a lot to say?

What’s amusing is the consistency with which you never fail to point out issues with Nikon. ;)

And please point out the topics to which I contribute without being impacted. There are very very few.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:50:08 pm by BernardLanguillier »

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 10:23:39 pm »

Really Bernard you figure it out. I couldn’t be bothered.

I follow the mirrorless sub forum most closely. If I see something that directly relates to anything here I will comment. It may be useful info. If it happens to be a fact you don’t like that is in you. Surely you were aware of the fact regarding the delay on the lens under discussion? If not this info was useful to you. If you were why did you not mention it? Could be because your bias towards Nikon would be hurt by the revelation. I didn’t attack you and I did t attack Nikon. I merely stated a fact as released by Nikon. Get over it.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 04:39:34 am »

Really Bernard you figure it out. I couldn’t be bothered.

I follow the mirrorless sub forum most closely. If I see something that directly relates to anything here I will comment. It may be useful info. If it happens to be a fact you don’t like that is in you. Surely you were aware of the fact regarding the delay on the lens under discussion? If not this info was useful to you. If you were why did you not mention it? Could be because your bias towards Nikon would be hurt by the revelation. I didn’t attack you and I did t attack Nikon. I merely stated a fact as released by Nikon. Get over it.

Relax Martin, I am just pulling your leg. ;)

As I mentioned, I have this lens on order and was informed about the delay like all the people having this lens on order. The people who were going to be impacted already knew, this is the reason why I didn’t want to use bandwidth to post this information.

I have plenty of other lenses I can use as alternative in Nikon S mount, Sony mount or Fuji mount, so there is no impact for me, but I think Nikon messed up with this one. I still prefer this rather than finding the issue after lens shipment, like what happened with another major player very recently.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 05:24:39 pm by BernardLanguillier »

KLaban

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 12:31:53 pm »

Sony's image sensor business may be 'enormously' hit by coronavirus outbreak

Martin Kristiansen

• Martin Kristiansen
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 12:41:08 pm »

I’m sure there will be an impact. I’m less convinced that’s was an issue in December when I ordered it. Anyway I ran into the sales rep in the store when I was picking up a Godox light I had ordered and had turned up despite the virus and Godox being a very Chinese company. He was embarrassed and admitted someone had screwed up and just reached for the first excuse at hand.

KLaban

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 12:56:44 pm »

I’m sure there will be an impact. I’m less convinced that’s was an issue in December when I ordered it. Anyway I ran into the sales rep in the store when I was picking up a Godox light I had ordered and had turned up despite the virus and Godox being a very Chinese company. He was embarrassed and admitted someone had screwed up and just reached for the first excuse at hand.

Martin, forgive me, I wasn't implying that your order was in any way impacted by the virus, but rather I posted this news from Sony as an indication that the potential for disruption by the coronavirus to global trade was a reality.

Keith

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2020, 05:23:20 pm »

I believe that a majority of SLR sensors are manufactured in Japan though.

Those factories in China focus on smartphone camera chips.

There may still be indirect impacts though.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up