Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red House  (Read 244 times)

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
Red House
« on: December 02, 2019, 12:15:07 pm »

Red House...

Peter

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Red House
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 12:25:07 pm »

Good grab, Peter.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 12:40:44 pm »

I've dropped ten degrees already!

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 12:42:34 pm »

I've dropped ten degrees already!

We are in a snow that might be as much as 10 inches...I like this weather very much. Always have.

Peter

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 04:50:07 pm »

We are in a snow that might be as much as 10 inches...I like this weather very much. Always have.

Peter

I loved it when I was unsuccessfully trying to learn to ski. I hated it when driving up to Perthshire hoping to do that one winter; I hit a frozen snow corner, slowly, and my little 1959 Ford Popular ended up on its side. The car was still almost new. It happened beside a cottage on the main Perth road to Blairgowrie where a truck had decided to park on the corner. The guys sitting in the truck came over and lifted my wife out; she was eight months pregnant at the time, and thanfully, she went full term. Nobody lifted me out, a salutary lesson in life.

Damage? The rear side window popped out, and my lovely Motorola aerial on the back wing was bent beyond repair. It was three sections and very tall, especially on a small car. Never found another, and had to make do with shitty four or five short-section Elpicos or something like that ever after. So yeah, snow saved damage as much as it caused it. I used to have a photo of my cousin leaning on the car; he learned to ski when almost still a baby. I don't think he does it today, but he still did cross-country skiing in his mid-seventies. He is almost two years my junior. He's always been a fine art painter; we used to go to galleries together for a year or two, but then I found my wife-to-be and time was never free for anything else after that. Blame school. Or wonderfull luck.

Rob

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 04:58:48 pm »

Peter

Great shot and I feel the same way.
So you can expect lots of wintery images from me over the next few months.
-MattB

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 05:15:55 pm »

Great shot and I feel the same way.
So you can expect lots of wintery images from me over the next few months.

Yes and looking forward to it. I'm a painter that focuses mainly on winter and it's light.
I'm giddy this time of year. Air is crisp and just feels cleaner. Heat and humidity are not my friends.

Peter

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 05:42:28 pm »

I loved it when I was unsuccessfully trying to learn to ski.
Rob

Reminds me of my ski story...
My first and only ski trip was in college. It was  January '74. My "friends" convinced me to go and that they would show me the ropes.
We took the lift to the top of Hunter Mt in New York State. Should have seen the next bit coming. As soon as we got to the top, my former friends left me at the top with no knowledge of how to descend the Mountain.
I made it down alive and swore I would get each of them back, and I did just that!

Now me being of Sicilian blood, revenge was well within my right to extract. And I did years later. The saying "revenge is a dish best served cold" was my choice. The first was two years later and the last of the five, was ten years.

Nothing too harmful, but wonderfully embarrassing for them at the right time and place...

Peter
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 05:48:13 pm by petermfiore »

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 04:02:00 pm »

You all may have noticed this already but I love winter and especially winter recreation.
My brother and I learned to ski as young kids when our family moved to the USA in the 70s. My parents tried skiing with us but it didn't take for them and they only went on one ski trip ever. I think to really enjoy it and get good you should start young. My brother was a 1994 Olympic hopeful and we both dedicated a chunk of our earlier lives to being ski bums and later ski professionals. I'm still in the latter category (not a pro skier, a professional who skis a lot).
I got my fist turns of the season in a couple of weeks ago, doing some mild backcountry next to Monarch Pass. It was great, especially for November!
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up