Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which DB has worse color shift - Leaf Credo 40 or Phase One IQ3 50?  (Read 382 times)

gebseng

Hi everyone,

I've been working with a Leaf Credo 40 (44x33mm CCD Sensor) on a Linhof Techno and a SK 5.6/28 XL (a non retrofocus wide angle lens) for the last five years. The uncorrected color shift is severe, but I manage pretty well with LCC shots in C1. With shifts over 15mm, blue skies or green grass will get a bit greyish near the edges, but i can easily fix that with a Linear Gradient Mask and the Advanced Color Editor in C1.

Do you have experience with the Phase One IQ3 50 (or IQ1 50, or IQ2 50, which presumably use the same first generation Sony non-BSI 44x33mm 50MP sensor) regarding color shift? Is it better or worse than the CCD sensor on the Credo 40?

thanks for your input,

geb

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Which DB has worse color shift - Leaf Credo 40 or Phase One IQ3 50?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 05:19:13 pm »

Color shift will be worse on the 50MP CMOS, you might consider the 80MP CCD or 60MP CCD backs, as both will handle the color shift better.  Even the IQ3 can't has pretty harsh color shift.  Only the IQ4 seems to have fixed the issues around CMOS backs and color shift and it is impressive. 

Paul C
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Which DB has worse color shift - Leaf Credo 40 or Phase One IQ3 50?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 08:17:07 am »

If you want to use the 28XL you really need to switch to the IQ4 150mp. It’s the only back that will really show off that lens. Extremely low color cast on that sensor even with that lens. It will also make the 28XL effectively wider in angle of view since the sensor is significantly larger than your Credo 40, and even cropped to the same angle of view will still provide twice the resolution.

All other options higher res than the Credo 40 will be the same (60mp) or worse (50,80,100).
Pages: [1]   Go Up