Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asking advice on the healing difficulty  (Read 894 times)

mtakeda

Asking advice on the healing difficulty
« on: November 25, 2019, 03:23:15 am »

I can do spot healing without trouble but when I try to heal the object like stick in the shadow area i move brush along the stick but I do not get good sample image no matter how I try different area. It is rather difficult to explain my problem but I do not get the trouble like in Photoshop. I am at a loss. Maybe I am not doing the process in correct way. Any advice appreciated.

JaapD

Re: Asking advice on the healing difficulty
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 06:34:58 am »

I really like editing in C1 and wouldn’t change it for something else, but find the spot healing function a rather poor implementation. For this I’ll take the ‘round trip’ to Photoshop (or Affinity), giving me way better results in the end.

Regards,
Jaap.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 06:38:48 am by JaapD »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 12:59:38 pm »

I can do spot healing without trouble but when I try to heal the object like stick in the shadow area i move brush along the stick but I do not get good sample image no matter how I try different area. It is rather difficult to explain my problem but I do not get the trouble like in Photoshop. I am at a loss. Maybe I am not doing the process in correct way. Any advice appreciated.

Not sure were you run into trouble. Brush (edge-)Hardness and Opacity can be adjusted. Usually maximum Opacity is required, but one can build up the Opacity with multiple strokes when the Flow is set to a lower value.
https://help.phaseone.com/en/CO12/Editing-photos/Layer-Adjustments/Repairing-Images

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

mtakeda

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 06:59:19 pm »

I really like editing in C1 and wouldn’t change it for something else, but find the spot healing function a rather poor implementation. For this I’ll take the ‘round trip’ to Photoshop (or Affinity), giving me way better results in the end.

Regards,
Jaap.

Will you be kind enough to teach me the step how to route the image to Photoshop? Do you process the file at CP then to Ps.

mtakeda

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 07:00:32 pm »

Not sure were you run into trouble. Brush (edge-)Hardness and Opacity can be adjusted. Usually maximum Opacity is required, but one can build up the Opacity with multiple strokes when the Flow is set to a lower value.
https://help.phaseone.com/en/CO12/Editing-photos/Layer-Adjustments/Repairing-Images

Cheers,
Bart

Thank you. I will give it a try.

JaapD

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 02:05:50 am »

Will you be kind enough to teach me the step how to route the image to Photoshop? Do you process the file at CP then to Ps.

Sure. First I edit as much as I can in C1. That will be about everything apart from any retouching activities. While in C1 I apply the function ‘edit in’, resulting in the image opening in Photoshop. There I do my retouching such as dust spotting, removing unwanted objects form the image, etc. After closing (not saving!) in Photoshop the updated image returns as a TIF in C1. The original RAW remains in C1 as well so noting’s lost here. If required you’re able to continue working on the processed TIF in C1, i.e. doing the Output actions.

The best explanation can be found here:
https://blog.captureone.com/quick-round-trip-photoshop/

Regards,
Jaap.

mtakeda

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 03:12:25 am »

Sure. First I edit as much as I can in C1. That will be about everything apart from any retouching activities. While in C1 I apply the function ‘edit in’, resulting in the image opening in Photoshop. There I do my retouching such as dust spotting, removing unwanted objects form the image, etc. After closing (not saving!) in Photoshop the updated image returns as a TIF in C1. The original RAW remains in C1 as well so noting’s lost here. If required you’re able to continue working on the processed TIF in C1, i.e. doing the Output actions.

Fantastic! Thank you. I can not wait to try it. That seems to be perfect combo.

The best explanation can be found here:
https://blog.captureone.com/quick-round-trip-photoshop/

Regards,
Jaap.
Pages: [1]   Go Up