Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon paper not attached to roll  (Read 376 times)

JudyKonopka

Canon paper not attached to roll
« on: November 24, 2019, 07:23:35 pm »

I am disgusted with the problems I am having with this Canon paper.  My printer (Pro2000) is having problems loading it because the roll of paper isn't attached to the tube.  I can pull the tube right out.  Am I expected to rewind this somehow each time I want to print on it? I shouldn't have to wrangle with my printer - there is still plenty of paper on this roll.  I'm hoping someone can tell me what I need to do to get a print out of this roll and where I would go to talk to a Canon Rep about this (this is the second roll I had problems with).  Thanks.

mearussi

Re: Canon paper not attached to roll
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 11:47:09 pm »

Switch to a different paper brand. Most are taped to the roll. Either that or just unwind the roll and add your own tape.

virojarvi

• www.virojarvi.com
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 02:09:54 am »

It happens. I simply tape the paper to the roll from both sides. It is rather easy to fit a piece of tape there, as the paper is loose from the core.

Lessbones

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 10:40:39 am »

When you're loading the paper, just grab the roll once it stops feeding through the rollers-- this will trick it into thinking it has reached the proper tension, and it should finish loading.  I've had to do this with some rolls, and yes, it's silly, but it's very easy and it's also extremely rare.  Sill much prefer this to the rolls of phototex or even canson baryta which are taped so aggressively that the printer will continue to print in one spot over and over again until the ink drips everywhere.

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 11:14:50 am »

I solved this problem by loading the paper and when it tells me that it didn’t load and to try again, I turn it off and back on again and then it’s happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up