Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saul Leiter  (Read 4342 times)

Rob C

Re: Saul Leiter
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2020, 10:25:33 am »

For Rob C:
Saul Leiter collection (167 of them) on Instagram
https://instagram.com/saulleiterpage?igshid=1inalurdb566i

Thanks for the link - some new-to-me ones, but sadly, the platform decided to try and make me join it as condition of letting me continue.
Oh well.

Ta again,
Rob

Rob C

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2020, 10:26:04 am »

For Rob C:
Saul Leiter collection (167 of them) on Instagram
https://instagram.com/saulleiterpage?igshid=1inalurdb566i

Thanks for the link - some new-to-me ones, but sadly, the platform decided to try and make me join it as condition of letting me continue.
Oh well.

Ta again,
Rob

Rob C

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 10:29:40 am »

Wrong thread but too good to miss:

Lachlan Baileyn on Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Zm33AnNEq/?igshid=1nmo2vcmnferw

My first assistant @jakemerrill and I worked pretty hard to capture a 70s diffused look in-camera, using old lenses and a bunch of other analogue tricks. Hard to appreciate on a small screen but I was really happy with how it looked as a print.

> How do you do it? I was always curious how David Hamilton got that gauzy look
> Apparently he used to breath on the lens .... I tried that but it just seemed too Creepy lol  <3

Looks like inheritance can work!

Where did you find the written bit? When I click on the link, I just get some photographs.

Rob

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2020, 12:33:55 pm »

Oh well.

Ta again,
Rob

Me too.

:-(

Manoli

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2020, 01:02:57 pm »

Oh well.
Ta again,
Rob

Keith, Rob
My pleasure! Pleased it struck a chord.

Rob,
an email address and a password is all you'll need and there's no ad targeting other than the odd sponsored post in your photo feed (negligible, I've only just thought about it). Try it, I think to you of all people you'll be well pleased - it's your own self-curated photo feed.

Looks like inheritance can work!
Where did you find the written bit? When I click on the link, I just get some photographs.

Wtitten word comes from the text by Lachlan Bailey and the comments. Could it be that you need to be logged in to see the comments?

Rob,
You've got an iPad ? Instagram - a free download, free to use iApp.
Strongly recommend it. One of your 'names', Nick Knight, is a regular (amongst many).

I suspect that one of the reasons it's such a popular problem amongst pros is that it gives you enough of an insight into the quality of the work, saves the chore of maintaining and publicising a web site and, above all, kind of dispenses with the fear of image theft - good enough to see, not really worth nicking ...

A few togs to pique your interest;
Alexei Hay
Lachlan Bailey
Emanuelle Alt
st stories
tommunrostudio
studioakrans
benhassett
2bmanagemdent
patrickdemarchelier
markseliger
streetphotography international