Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paris Sidewalk  (Read 371 times)

Todd Suttles

• Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Paris Sidewalk
« on: November 21, 2019, 04:24:09 pm »

What I like about this image is the oblivion these people are in as they pass this wall; especially the little lady in the blue coat and the paper poster at her shoulder. C&C ?  Thanks -/t
One Day At A Time

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Paris Sidewalk
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 09:02:17 am »

What is the wall about? In other words, why pay attention to it, and why not pass it in oblivion?

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 09:24:11 am »

Hi Todd,

You certainly had the right idea. But as Slobodan pointed out, there’s no connection between the people and the fascinating wall. Had you waited for people coming round that corner in the opposite direction you’d have made the matchup. They’d be facing the artwork on the wall. Only problem is, you’d be able to see their faces, and it appears HCB’s France now has the asinine idea that when you’re out in public you have an expectation of privacy, so you might have ended up with a legal problem. Anyhow, good try, and you picked a great wall.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Todd Suttles

• Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 10:39:41 am »

Thanks Russ and Slobodan. Very helpful. Got it and understand what it "should/could have been".  thanks, -/t
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 10:59:12 am by Todd Suttles »
One Day At A Time

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 10:49:02 am »

Embed yourself at a spot for more than a couple of images. Watch the rhythm and keep shooting. Sometimes it will take a bunch of tries to get the image you need rather than the one you got and sometimes things just don't work out and it's time to move along and find another good wall.

Patience and perseverance is the key once you find a good location, then you milk it and move to the next.
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 11:10:15 am »

. . .sometimes things just don't work out. . .

More often than not when you're doing street.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

rabanito

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 11:40:52 am »

Hi Todd,

You certainly had the right idea. But as Slobodan pointed out, there’s no connection between the people and the fascinating wall. Had you waited for people coming round that corner in the opposite direction you’d have made the matchup. They’d be facing the artwork on the wall. Only problem is, you’d be able to see their faces, and it appears HCB’s France now has the asinine idea that when you’re out in public you have an expectation of privacy, so you might have ended up with a legal problem. Anyhow, good try, and you picked a great wall.

Well one mustn't exaggerate.
If I'm taking pictures of an interesting wall (this case) and somebody happens to walk in front of myobjective, this is no to be taken as an assault on privacy.
If you are in New York, where it seems that there are lots of paparazzi harassing people, the matter is different.
And probably in Paris you'd run into problems doing that
If you are HCB you may take pictures of me, even posing :-)
I know, too late...
Pages: [1]   Go Up