Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cling  (Read 454 times)

maddogmurph

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1136
    • Maddog's Photography
Cling
« on: November 19, 2019, 02:10:53 am »

These little trees in Patagonia have it rough. They cling onto the oddest places for dear life, and get pummeled, battered, frozen, blown around, and occasionally the experience of strange bipedal creatures turning them into the subjects of immortality. I always find it interesting when you find sand at the edge of a lake. It makes a statement. 

B&W or color?
Logged
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Cling
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 04:23:11 am »

I would say B&W…
Logged
Francois

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Cling
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 04:26:03 am »

I'd say colour, because the tree rather disappears in the B&W. But I think the colour version could stand some more processing. I love the sky in the B&W, for example, but it's a bit flat in the colour version.

Jeremy
Logged

kers

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4602
    • Pieter Kers
Re: Cling
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 08:03:02 am »

Both are really nice...

If you convert the BW with a different color separation (more red sensitive) the tree will be more present.

What always strikes me is how expressive shapes these Andes mountains (volcano's) have.
Logged

Paulo Bizarro

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7522
    • http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Cling
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 08:25:13 am »

Nice one. Colour for me.

francois

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14432
Re: Cling
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 09:05:28 am »

I'd say colour, because the tree rather disappears in the B&W. But I think the colour version could stand some more processing. I love the sky in the B&W, for example, but it's a bit flat in the colour version.

Jeremy

I agree, I chose B&W because the color version doesn't offer much over B&W (in the current state of processing).
Logged
Francois

stamper

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5882
Re: Cling
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 10:16:11 am »

Colour for me but the B&W is worthy.

degrub

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2558
Re: Cling
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 07:33:43 pm »

Duotone ?
Logged

armand

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5566
    • Photos
Re: Cling
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 10:08:56 pm »

I'd say colour, because the tree rather disappears in the B&W. But I think the colour version could stand some more processing. I love the sky in the B&W, for example, but it's a bit flat in the colour version.

Jeremy

+1

The b&w has stronger graphic but you lose the tree.
Pages: [1]   Go Up