Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Numbers of layers  (Read 830 times)

mtakeda

Numbers of layers
« on: November 19, 2019, 01:08:25 am »

While the user guide of CP1 says 16 layers available, I got the message after 8 layers that the numbers of the layers hit the max. How can I increase it to16. I would appreciate the advice by the expert here.

IanSeward

Re: Numbers of layers
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 10:31:47 am »

While the user guide of CP1 says 16 layers available, I got the message after 8 layers that the numbers of the layers hit the max. How can I increase it to16. I would appreciate the advice by the expert here.

I have never had to use 16 layers for an edit but just tried it and could add 16 layers.

I'm on Windows 10 with C1Pro V12.1.4

Ian

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 12:09:10 pm »

Hi,

It used to be fewer layers if I remember correctly, but current versions should allow 16 layers.
Each layer can have multiple adjustments at the same time. So 16 layers is more than it seems.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Ray Harrison

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 03:18:54 pm »

What version do you have? On 12, I’m able to create 16 layers with no problem (though not something I’ve ever done in real life).

mtakeda

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 06:43:04 pm »

Thanks all. I know 16 layers are more than what I need but my latest experience was that I used some layers for healing brush and it is my understanding that we can only do one healing on one layer. Is that correct? So when we need to do more than one healing we need use more than one layer.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 07:21:50 pm »

Thanks all. I know 16 layers are more than what I need but my latest experience was that I used some layers for healing brush and it is my understanding that we can only do one healing on one layer. Is that correct? So when we need to do more than one healing we need use more than one layer.

Correct, a Healing layer (or a Cloning layer) has a different function than regular adjustment layers and it only does Healing (or Cloning).

mtakeda

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 06:36:17 pm »

One healing per one layer. Correct?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 12:25:23 pm »

One healing per one layer. Correct?

Yes, a healing layer can only heal. But you can heal all over the image, relative to the same anchor/sample point.

mtakeda

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2019, 06:35:29 pm »

Thank you but if you need a different anchor point it should be done on the new layer, correct?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2019, 07:52:50 pm »

Thank you but if you need a different anchor point it should be done on the new layer, correct?

Yes. But the anchor point is relative distance away. So the sampling does not come from the original spot when you heal elsewhere on the layer.

mtakeda

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 06:21:36 pm »

Thank for info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up