Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS - OWC Thunderbay IV Thunderbolt 16TB external drive - Excellent Condition  (Read 167 times)

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com

I purchased a new iMac Pro and have upgraded my network to 10GBE and a Synology server so I am retiring my OWC Thunderbay IV 4-bay Thunderbolt external drive with 4 x 4TB drives for a total capacity of 16TB (Raid 0). The unit is in excellent condition, is quiet, fast and features Thunderbolt connectivity. It works with Thunderbolt 1 or 2 and with Thunderbolt 3 (with TB3 adapter).

Asking $470 including drives and UPS ground shipping to continental US. Will accept PayPal or check.

My office is located in Doylestown, PA, if you live locally and would like to see the device in person.

Here are the details on this device from OWC's website:

Add vast amounts of high-performance storage capacity to any Thunderbolt equipped Mac or PC with the ThunderBay IV. Utilize each of the four drives independently, or use the software RAID of your choice to setup the ThunderBay IV for multi-drive performance or data redundancy. Take A/V post-production, photography, data management, and backup to new heights with sustained reading speeds of 895MB/s* and writing speeds of 858MB/s.
Real-Time Editing
You can now work at the full speed of the drive. Create, backup your data, or edit multiple uncompressed video streams faster and more efficiently than ever.
Solid, Reliable, and Cool
The ThunderBay IV has a durable aluminum enclosure that protects the four internal drives while keeping them cool thanks to its superior heat dissipation. A locking faceplate keeps the drives secure.
The Perfect Mac Pro Migration Drive
You don't have to give up your drive bays when migrating from a Mac Pro tower to the new Mac Pro. Simply plug in the ThunderBay IV to your new Mac Pro and you'll have four drives with a Thunderbolt interface capable of running all the drives at full speed – just as if they were installed internally.
Thunderbolt Daisy-chain Capable
Add high-performance features by daisy chaining up to six devices plus one high-resolution display. Of course, the biggest benefit is even when you use a ThunderBay IV, you will still have an available Thunderbolt port.
Key Features
Four (4) independently mounted/enumerated high-performance drives
2 Thunderbolt ports for daisy-chaining
RAID ready
Durable aluminum enclosure with fan
High-Quality, Certified, Double-Shielded 1 Meter Thunderbolt cable
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 05:02:36 pm by budjames »
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww
Pages: [1]   Go Up