Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 35mm lens options for Cambo Actus  (Read 1231 times)

XavierYoung

35mm lens options for Cambo Actus
« on: November 15, 2019, 01:04:45 pm »

I'm about to take the plunge switching to the Cambo Actus with Sony A7riv but need a 35mm lens option. Does anyone have any experience of the 35mm Actar (modified Contax 645 lens) or any other options? The Pentax 35mm f3.5 seems like a possible alternative? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

meierruedi@hotmail.com

Re: 35mm lens options for Cambo Actus
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 12:15:56 pm »

I am using the Zeiss 35mm converted by Cambo and it's a stellar lens!

XavierYoung

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 12:06:55 pm »

Thanks Meierruedi,

That's kind of what I needed to hear before before spending £750 ruining a £700 lens. Which camera are you using with that? Any other recommendations?

Best, Xavier

meierruedi@hotmail.com

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 12:53:42 pm »

Hi Xavier

I am using it on the Cambo Actus Mini + Nikon D850.
I tried it with my Z7 on the Cambo-GFX + AC-784 adapter to see if there is more rise/fall without the mirror box. Unfortunately there isn't.

The Hasselblad Carl Zeiss Distagon 4/50mm (latest edition) is stunning as are some old enlarger lenses: the Rodenstock Apo-Rodagon 4/80mm and the Schneider Componon-S 5.6/100mm are incredible! As one would expect with enlarger lenses they yield a very flat field with little aberrations. Definitely worth getting them. Don't forget to tape over the illuminated f-stop indicator both on the in- and outside of the lens.

The Actar 24mm is good if you get a nice copy.

Correcting distortion is always an issue with the 24mm and the 35mm if you live inside Adobe. PT-lens was kind enough to provide a profile for the two lenses but you should not forget to get a centred  (no shift, no rise or fall) exposure...Maybe I should give Capture One a try...Anybody any experience?

All in all I really love to work with this kit!

Cheers
Ruedi

qwz

• http://vassiliev.net
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 05:49:36 am »

On C1 Pro is pretty easy to correct shifted distortion (as well as lens vignetting and sharpness falloff).
You can manually add a shift value for both axis and save it to presets to recall it with one-two clicks or style.
Pages: [1]   Go Up