Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calibrating the BenQ SW270c  (Read 5188 times)

macz5024

• http://www.markuszuber.com
Calibrating the BenQ SW270c
« on: November 12, 2019, 02:47:43 pm »

I have been testing the BenQ SW270c and was impressed by the brilliance of its colors and the speedier calibration process compared to the predecessor the SW2700PT - thanks to the USB-C connection. However it is still very slow - at least 10 times slower than Color Navigator!
What bothers me most - and a colleague of mine too (2 monitors tested) - is the fact that when working on BW/grayscale images there are magenta and green casts in the lighter tones, stripes as you can see in the attached image. This is easily visible in a gradient - less in "normal" BW images. If the image is moved on the screen, the stripes move as well so not an uniformity problem.
We have used the i1Display Pro and the BenQ Palette Master, latest version on both macOS HighSierra and Windows 10. With the i1Profiler 3, the problem gets even worse.
In Palette Master only the Matrix profile setting is working reliably, using LUT 8/16 settings does normally fail when validating the calibration result.
Does anybody see this effect too - and if not, what are your settings/tools that may help? BenQ support seems to be aware of the problem but could not help us so far.
Thanks for your help, Markus

pslocum

Re: Calibrating the BenQ SW270c
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 05:51:52 pm »

I’ve got the same problem but with a SW2700PT, I downloaded the palette master update yesterday hoping that it would solve my problem, but it failed verification again. I’m going to try a different laptop and see what happens. But laptops are MacBook Pro’s.

macz5024

• http://www.markuszuber.com
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 04:39:31 am »

Good to know I am not alone ;)
I get the best result, when I reset colors in the screen menu directly and then calibrate using Palette Master - and just use the Basic settings without changing any parameter...
This is sort of a workaround but not really satisfying since the color cast is still there.

johnstra

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 06:15:05 am »

Do not install the lateat version of Palette Master Element! The latest version (1.3.7) seems to have bugs in it. I have an SW2700PT and Win 10 home build 18362. The luminance cannot be set (it takes the value in the software but you don't get the luminance you specified). In addition the accuracy is a lot worse as measured by the PME itself. There is no previous version posted on Benq's website and they have not yet responded to an email support request that I placed on Friday. The only old version I could find on my machine was 1.2.5 which, thankfully, works. I hope this helps to save someone some hassle.

Dinarius

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 11:04:46 am »

Interesting this talk of bugs.

I can't even open the software on my Windows 10 machine to profile my SW271.

I wrote to them yesterday and have heard nothing.

Seriously underwhelmed.

Hoping to revert to basICColor.

D.

DesW

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 02:42:05 pm »

See my post on the V6 Basiccolor woes on the above thread --tread carefully -I cannot get it to function ( Mac Mojave Catalina NOT supported till V7 later this year) to spec as yet. Great software and company but gone dark for some reason--strange.

Des

Dinarius

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 01:59:47 am »

See my post on the V6 Basiccolor woes on the above thread --tread carefully -I cannot get it to function ( Mac Mojave Catalina NOT supported till V7 later this year) to spec as yet. Great software and company but gone dark for some reason--strange.

Des

Company has gone dark it seems, but product still available thro' resellers such as this.

D.

johnstra

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 04:37:55 am »

An update to my problem with Palette Master Element. BenQ support supplied a link to the previous version. That didn't help. Eventually they supplied a link to a new beta version. That has fixed the problem although, in frustration, I also upgraded Win 10 from the latest to the latest optional build 1909. I notice that BenQ have now released a new official version of PME - 1.3.8. Hopefully this is the final fix. So a thank you to BenQ support who were very helpful.

pslocum

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 02:10:40 pm »

After reading other post about BenQ support not being of much help I decided to set back and just calibrate using Pantone’s software for the time being .......but after reading the latest of a new update I figured I’d try it and now the monitor has passed calibration finally, why didn’t they just tell people they were working on a solution in the first place?

Dinarius

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2019, 07:15:56 am »

I gave up on BenQ and basICColor, neither of which I could get to work.

I went with the latest i1Profiler. Really like it.

D.

pslocum

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 11:20:01 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKfvbbUKA7U

This guy has some great info on these monitors!
Pages: [1]   Go Up