Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MacOS Sierra (10.12) users beware of upgrading Camera Raw!  (Read 3079 times)

Eric Kellerman

• Eric Kellerman Photography
MacOS Sierra (10.12) users beware of upgrading Camera Raw!
« on: November 06, 2019, 08:02:45 am »

If you are a Mac user running MacOS Sierra (10.12) and Photoshop v. 20, you will be invited by the Adobe app to update to the new Camera Raw 12. But if you do, you will find it is no longer compatible with your existing PS (which you cannot upgrade to v. 21 unless you also upgrade your system to High Sierra or beyond).

Fortunately, it is not too difficult to restore your Camera Raw to version 11.4.1 at https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Just scroll down to find the installer.

(This message has also been posted as a reply in the thread "2 Versions of Photoshop in Adobe Creative Cloud App" in the Digital Image Processing forum.)

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: MacOS Sierra (10.12) users beware of upgrading Camera Raw!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 03:27:28 pm »

Why not just upgrade to High Sierra? Then you will only be two versions behind. It is easy and free.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Eric Kellerman

• Eric Kellerman Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 04:50:00 am »

I shall indeed be moving to High Sierra, but in my case that is being wise after the event. Camera Raw 12 was offered as an upgrade by the Adobe desktop app when it was in fact incompatible with Sierra. A minor hassle, as it turned out, but momentarily alarming.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 05:24:36 am »

I do all my workm on High Sierra and the system is OK i think ( as was Sierra)
I am thinking to go over to the last system 32 bits- mojave- always wait a year ( or more) to do the jump.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up