Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This is weird  (Read 2233 times)

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
This is weird
« on: October 29, 2019, 05:23:24 pm »

When I click on any forum topic I get the message "You have chosen to open index php" (screen capture attached).
If I log in and back out again it all works fine until I clear cookies.
Edit: in other words, clearing the cache doesn't solve the problem.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 09:31:41 pm by David Sutton »

thierrylegros396

Re: This is weird
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 03:20:36 am »

Same problem with latest version of Firefox.

But it works with my old Internet Explorer.

Thierry

jmlphotography

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 09:52:25 am »

Same problem, but when I logged in forum thread opened as normal.

Chris Batt

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 02:55:58 pm »

There may be some lingering effects from the steps we needed to take to combat robots bombarding the site with a denial of service attack.

While the fixes have been mostly successful, and no data was compromised, we recommend clearing your caches, logging out and back in, and continue to email us with any problems at <customerservice@luminous-landscape.com>

Thanks from all of us.
Chris
Webmaster, The Luminous Landscape

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 07:07:45 pm »

There may be some lingering effects from the steps we needed to take to combat robots bombarding the site with a denial of service attack.

While the fixes have been mostly successful, and no data was compromised, we recommend clearing your caches, logging out and back in, and continue to email us with any problems at <customerservice@luminous-landscape.com>

Thanks from all of us.
Chris

This happens to me nearly all the time since a few days when I am not logged in and try to click at a link.  It never happens if I have logged in.  The question is: Is this by design, is Lula trying to shut out non-members from looking at the content on the site.  This can't be a good policy, if true, as I am sure there must be a lot of traffic and potential new members among them from search engines. 

David Sutton

• David Sutton Photography
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 11:25:55 pm »

This happens to me nearly all the time since a few days when I am not logged in and try to click at a link.  It never happens if I have logged in.  The question is: Is this by design, is Lula trying to shut out non-members from looking at the content on the site.  This can't be a good policy, if true, as I am sure there must be a lot of traffic and potential new members among them from search engines.

Almost certainly not the case. But stopping a DOS attack can produce some unexpected outcomes.
Yesterday I traced my original problem to my adblocker.
Turn the adblocker off and I can open a link instead of getting the "you have chosen to..." dialogue. . Turn the adblocker back on and the links still open fine. Odd.
The computer I'm on now also has an adblocker and I get no issues. Maybe a different brand.
Of course, telling any website owner that their site doesn't work properly with your adblocker will get you exactly zero sympathy.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:35:18 pm by David Sutton »

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 02:35:10 am »

I can access the site using my computer and iPhone 6 but not from my iPad. I just get a blank screen. All are using Safari.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

nirpat89

• Photography by Niranjan Patel
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019, 10:28:49 am »

So I figured out exact conditions I am getting that .php message:  When I open a new browser window, the first time if I click on a link on the forum without logging in.  If I then log in, there is no problem.  It works fine even after I log off after that - I guess there is some sort of cache that helps with that.  But then if I close the browser (which deletes all cache by my choice) and open again, the same sequence results. 

The system is : Windows 10 as well as 8.1.  Firefox 70.  Same problem with Chrome.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 10:49:06 am by nirpat89 »

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 06:58:08 am »

So now on my iPad I can access the first page OK, but any links to sections or discussions from there yields a blank page
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

jeremyrh

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 09:35:09 am »

I have a slightly different problem, but maybe related ...

when I click to open the forum, I get a "too many redirects" message that suggests clearing my cache. I have done that, with no change.

This happens on all my devices. How am I typing this, then? - by using a work computer that I have never previously accessed Lula on.

(I did report the issue to customerservice but received no reply.)

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 09:45:28 am »

I have a slightly different problem, but maybe related ...

when I click to open the forum, I get a "too many redirects" message that suggests clearing my cache. I have done that, with no change.

This happens on all my devices. How am I typing this, then? - by using a work computer that I have never previously accessed Lula on.

(I did report the issue to customerservice but received no reply.)

Thanks Jetemyrh,

I’ll forward this to Chris Batt and see what he can come up with to help.

J
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.

Bob_Menken

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 06:30:35 pm »

When I click on any forum topic I get the message "You have chosen to open index php" (screen capture attached).
If I log in and back out again it all works fine until I clear cookies.
Edit: in other words, clearing the cache doesn't solve the problem.

Same issue here on Windows 10 Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up