Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EEROM reset issue on Z3200  (Read 362 times)

mfrohman

EEROM reset issue on Z3200
« on: October 29, 2019, 12:08:09 am »

Hi All,

Z3200 woes here. I was having some issues and was recommended to reset my EEROM due to suspected corrupted calibration settings for my service station.

I did the reset and restarted which causes the printer to go through a printhead setup routine (more info here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02533116)
I pulled out all the printheads but am receiving an error that several of the ink cartridges are not valid to do the ink system setup. In the doc cited above, it explains this:

"This document can be followed only if all cartridges installed are new (100%) or if the ink volume remaining in every Ink cartridge is below 88% (cartridges between 99% and 89% may not work). On the other hand, the minimum ink volume remaining in EVERY CARTRIDGE must be 35 milliliters. "

To complicate matters, several of my ink cartridges are hacked 130ml cartridges so its difficult to tell what percentage of ink they have left.

Has anyone encountered this issue and found a work around? Seems like I either need to buy an entire set off inks or somehow get my cartridges to fall in this range.

thanks as always!
2 x HP Z3200, Canon 4100, Epson p-800

smikkelmit22

Re: EEROM reset issue on Z3200
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 11:17:48 am »

Not sure what you mean by "are hacked". But what you can do, is reset the chips of the cartridges if you want to bypass the below 100% issue. Or replace the chips with new 100% full chips. These can be bought for about 5$ a piece. I once bought them from a company in the USA. They work.

Please note, doing things like this can seriously damage your printer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up