Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raw files being uploaded into LR CC with unwanted settings?  (Read 1479 times)

sanfairyanne

Raw files being uploaded into LR CC with unwanted settings?
« on: October 25, 2019, 02:46:38 pm »

I just uploaded the very first folder of images taken with my new Z7. I noticed something odd, the first 30 or so pics have been uploaded with +0.67 exposure -35 Highlights and +10 shadows. The rest of the images in the folder (shot on the same day and uploaded at the same time) have settings at zero.

Does anyone know why this would happen?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Raw files being uploaded into LR CC with unwanted settings?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 04:01:09 pm »

You've either applied a preset upon import, or you've accidentally set the default. In Develop, hold down the Alt/Option key and you'll see that the Reset button changes to Set Default. The dialog box lets you restore Adobe's default zero settings.

sanfairyanne

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 04:10:47 pm »

I can't have set any preset upon import because only part of the imported images have their highlights/exp'/shadows affected and they were all imported at the same time. Ok with that said if I hold option on my Mac I get this message:

Choices are: 'Restore Adobe Default Settings' or 'Update to Current Settings'

I tried both options on a single file and neither option brought the settings to zero
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 04:17:25 pm by sanfairyanne »

kimballistic

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 04:23:23 pm »

The Nikon Z series embeds Lightroom settings in their raw files that dynamically change based on your camera settings.

https://blog.kevinlisota.photography/2018/10/lightroom-profile-sharpening-noise-reduction-settings-nikon-z7/

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 04:24:19 pm »

I was just about to suggest that might be the issue!

sanfairyanne

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 06:03:09 pm »

The article by Kevin Lisota makes total sense, I was going to mention that Chromatic Aberration is also checked, whereas on my D810 it would be blank. What's bugging me is that I'm not keen on having some setting (good or bad) forced on me. Sure I can manually go through the images and force exposure, shadows and highlights back to zero but that's time consuming and a little odd, next minute Nikon will be doing my LR edits for me, before I know it Nikon will be processing my RAW files. I don't want to whine but I'm not sure I like this.

kimballistic

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 08:00:24 pm »

Create a preset that sets everything to your preferred defaults and then apply that during import.  One extra step to take during import but it's better then doing it image-by-image.

sanfairyanne

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 03:28:15 am »

Thanks guys, this makes total sense

"Create a preset that sets everything to your preferred defaults and then apply that during import.  One extra step to take during import but it's better then doing it image-by-image."

Pages: [1]   Go Up