Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P5000 roll problems  (Read 500 times)

MarkFarber

• Mark Farber
P5000 roll problems
« on: October 24, 2019, 03:56:50 pm »

I'm an experienced user of Epson3880 and Canon1000 but new to the Epson P5000.  I'm having two problems printing on 17" rolls.  I print from Lightroom Classic, current version, from a Mac.

First, the paper size comes up short.  For example, I've specified a custom 17 x 28.75 sheet, and I get a 17 x 27.875 sheet.  Almost an inch short.  I've tried this with several other custom sizes.  The top, left, and right margins are accurate -- just the bottom gets chopped.  The shortage seems to vary somewhat.

Second, I'm trying to make 11 x 17 prints, using the 17 width efficiently.  But every attempt has printed "portrait", with 6" of blank wasted space to the left.  I think I've tried every permutation of standard and custom sizes, portrait and landscape.  I've even tried 11.25 x 17 to see if that mattered.

Any advice?

mearussi

Re: P5000 roll problems
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 08:32:15 pm »

I'm an experienced user of Epson3880 and Canon1000 but new to the Epson P5000.  I'm having two problems printing on 17" rolls.  I print from Lightroom Classic, current version, from a Mac.

First, the paper size comes up short.  For example, I've specified a custom 17 x 28.75 sheet, and I get a 17 x 27.875 sheet.  Almost an inch short.  I've tried this with several other custom sizes.  The top, left, and right margins are accurate -- just the bottom gets chopped.  The shortage seems to vary somewhat.

Second, I'm trying to make 11 x 17 prints, using the 17 width efficiently.  But every attempt has printed "portrait", with 6" of blank wasted space to the left.  I think I've tried every permutation of standard and custom sizes, portrait and landscape.  I've even tried 11.25 x 17 to see if that mattered.

Any advice?
Can't help you with the second issue, but the first is a problem I had until I figured out that the printer just needs about 1/2" extra added to the paper length for it to come out correctly. Just make the length 29.25" and you should be fine (if not just add a little more until you figure out exactly what your printer/software combination wants).

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 07:38:29 am »

Any advice?

Sheet Issue
Is the paper you have selected in your screenshot borderless? What does the fly out say?   If it is borderless it should be all 0's.
The printer thinks you are putting it in 11 wide by 17 high and 11" is not borderless.
Normally on the selection it would at least say sheet borderless auto expand. So it is probably not borderless when you try and print horizontal.

phototoyo

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 05:44:33 pm »

Second issue (not a sheet issue it seems):

Try creating a custom paper size with 17" as the width and 11" as the height. The preexisting 11x17 option in the paper size menu assumes you're printing on an 11" roll, hence the strange off-center results. Seems silly, but a custom paper size usually resolves this problem. Do make sure you specify "Roll, Borders" in the page setup section in the "Printer Settings" portion of the driver. (Screenshots attached).

Happy Printing!

MarkFarber

• Mark Farber
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 02:38:26 pm »

This worked -- thank you all.  Custom 17W 11.5H.  Roll, borders, 0.2 all around.  Extra 0.5 at bottom since it came out 1/8 short, so will have to trim them all, unless it remains consistently 1/8 short.
Pages: [1]   Go Up