Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Articles by Briot appears and disappears  (Read 1806 times)

josemasson@intnet.mu

Articles by Briot appears and disappears
« on: October 24, 2019, 03:44:46 am »

Greetings, I noticed yesterday an article by Alain Briot was posted to Luminous Landscape site. The article has disappeared before I could read it. What is the reason for this article to vanish from the site? Regards, Jose Masson

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
Re: Articles by Briot appears and disappears
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 06:49:45 am »

Thanks Joe.

The article you're referring to may return at another date. There were some conflicts with it's publishing, for now. Sorry for the inconvinience. There are a load of other articles in very similer veins from Alain on the site, if you have yet to read them. Hope this suffices for now.
Best,

Josh
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.

josemasson@intnet.mu

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 04:19:58 am »

Thank you Josh. Was just curious about the article removal. I have been on Luminous Landscape for quite a few years and read many articles from Alain. Regards, Jose

ramd41@gmail.com

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 09:39:37 pm »

What do you mean "there were some conflicts with it's publishing"?  Be straight man.  You tend to write in mystical statements.  What was the problem?  Did you have the right to publish that article or didn't you?  Did a book publisher object?  What is the real story?

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 07:56:16 am »

What do you mean "there were some conflicts with it's publishing"?  Be straight man.  You tend to write in mystical statements.  What was the problem?  Did you have the right to publish that article or didn't you?  Did a book publisher object?  What is the real story?

Sure, Alain is cool, but he published a VERY similar article to the ones he publishes here on another site without giving me a heads up. Not the end of the world, but I’m pursuing more original stuff and I’m not into Lula resembling other sites so very closely. And he’s a contributor, not just a one off writer, so it mattered. 

I took it down.
Clear ?

Josh
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 09:22:05 am by josh.reichmann »

Ray Harrison

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 09:05:48 am »

Sure, Alain is cool, but he published a VERY similar article to the ones he publishes here on another site without giving me a heads up. Not the end of the world, but I’m perusing more original stuff and I’m not into Lula resembling other sites so very closely. And he’s a contributor, not just a one off writer, so it mattered. 

I took it down.
Clear ?

Josh

It's clear, just not particularly necessary. For example, the only time I see Alain's articles are on LuLa. It doesn't particularly matter to me if they're published elsewhere. It's like a syndicated column in other media. It's not relevant that it's published in a magazine or journal I don't read, only the ones I do.

I understand that you're evolving some sort of vision for the site, and that you're a believer in "uniqueness" (whatever that truly is), but if something is quality and has a value to the community (a web presence is a community), then consider having it. A "vision" isn't the same as "boxing yourself in". Flexibility is always the key to success. "Unique" doesn't always mean "high value" either so my unasked for 2 cents is focus on quality first.

Note that I can't speak to the quality of Alain's article since I didn't actually see it.

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 09:13:04 am »

It's clear, just not particularly necessary. For example, the only time I see Alain's articles are on LuLa. It doesn't particularly matter to me if they're published elsewhere. It's like a syndicated column in other media. It's not relevant that it's published in a magazine or journal I don't read, only the ones I do.

I understand that you're evolving some sort of vision for the site, and that you're a believer in "uniqueness" (whatever that truly is), but if something is quality and has a value to the community (a web presence is a community), then consider having it. A "vision" isn't the same as "boxing yourself in". Flexibility is always the key to success. "Unique" doesn't always mean "high value" either so my unasked for 2 cents is focus on quality first.

Note that I can't speak to the quality of Alain's article since I didn't actually see it.

All fair points. I did what I felt best considering the particulars of the article etc.

I’m not against continuing to publish Alain’s future work as I see him as a valuable past contributor. But, as stated, I do have some ideas for what I’d like the editorial direction to be in terms of uniqueness and that is for me, more important. I’m willing to hear requests if there is high demand, but I feel like there are other things I’d like to share.

Thanks for the feedback.
Josh

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 09:26:58 am »

All fair points. I did what I felt best considering the particulars of the article etc.

I’m not against continuing to publish Alain’s future work as I see him as a valuable past contributor. But, as stated, I do have some ideas for what I’d like the editorial direction to be in terms of uniqueness and that is for me, more important. I’m willing to hear requests if there is high demand, but I feel like there are other things I’d like to share.

Thanks for the feedback.
Josh

Josh, it's your site.

If you don't run it as you like, there's no point, only work for you to get through, at which moment it may become more chore than pleasure. I ran my own little business that way; didn't make a fortune, but enjoyed the life that the work that I wanted brought me. It's the best we can do, or risk turning into production lines for widgets.

Of course, I speak solely for myself. Some love widgets.

Rob

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 09:29:09 am »

Josh, it's your site.

If you don't run it as you like, there's no point, only work for you to get through, at which moment it may become more chore than pleasure. I ran my own little business that way; didn't make a fortune, but enjoyed the life that the work that I wanted brought me. It's the best we can do, or risk turning into production lines for widgets.

Rob

Many love widgets right back at ya Rob

(Or... Signed: not a widget lover)

J 😊

Ray Harrison

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 12:34:46 pm »

Josh, it's your site.

Rob

I definitely agree that Josh should run his site and work to implement whatever his vision happens to be. I’m simply offering (admittedly unasked for) feedback. I have no problem with him chopping away whatever doesn’t work. It’s all good.

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 01:03:24 pm »

I definitely agree that Josh should run his site and work to implement whatever his vision happens to be. I’m simply offering (admittedly unasked for) feedback. I have no problem with him chopping away whatever doesn’t work. It’s all good.

It was totally reasonable to ask for clarification and add your two cents.

J
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 01:57:11 pm by josh.reichmann »
Pages: [1]   Go Up