Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the Anthrpocene to us ?  (Read 906 times)

RMW

What is the Anthrpocene to us ?
« on: October 21, 2019, 09:59:44 am »

Thank you Josh for this article.
I believe it is important, I believe it is incumbent, on those of us who take photography seriously to take our place in defense of the natural world we love and love to photograph.
As the writer Wendell Berry has stated, 'To cherish what remains of the Earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.'
We can use our cameras and our skills to protect the living world or we can feign oblivion.
I hope LuLa continues to present more articles like this so we can take our place on the right side of history.
Richard

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
Re: What is the Anthrpocene to us ?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 07:37:03 pm »

Thank you Josh for this article.
I believe it is important, I believe it is incumbent, on those of us who take photography seriously to take our place in defense of the natural world we love and love to photograph.
As the writer Wendell Berry has stated, 'To cherish what remains of the Earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.'
We can use our cameras and our skills to protect the living world or we can feign oblivion.
I hope LuLa continues to present more articles like this so we can take our place on the right side of history.
Richard

I’m very encouraged that you feel this way as well. Truly. Thank you for the feedback. In fact, your quote and summary encapsulates what I was getting at perhaps more clearly then I achieved.

Appreciated

Josh 
Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up