Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recovering deleted DNGs from iPhone  (Read 2591 times)

Chris L

Recovering deleted DNGs from iPhone
« on: October 17, 2019, 07:44:53 pm »

So I have been using Halide to shoot Raw photos on my iPhone xs, its great. But I just imported the photos to my Mac Pro computer by using the Photos App on my mac and hardwiring my iPhone to it ( I do not use the iCloud or have it enabled ). I thought they imported but I only got jpg proxy files ( 137 KB ). I had "delete from iPhone after import" set so now I cant find the actual DNG files. Whoops. I was on Apple Care and they could not figure put a way to find the DNG files. We looked into the 'recently deleted' album on my Photos app on my phone and they were not there. Any ideas where the deleted DNG files might be and if I can retrieve them? My guess is they would be on my phone not my Mac.

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Recovering deleted DNGs from iPhone
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 08:18:53 pm »

I have never used Halide (and probably never will) but does it have a Deleted folder? It sounds like a lesson learnt to me. Use the Image Capture app and never Delete anything until it is safely stored and backed up.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Chris L

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 05:52:43 pm »

I have never used Halide (and probably never will) but does it have a Deleted folder? It sounds like a lesson learnt to me. Use the Image Capture app and never Delete anything until it is safely stored and backed up.
I just went not the Halide app to check for a deleted folder, no such luck.

francois

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 02:45:40 am »

Did you backup your iPhone on your computer? In that case, you might try to "explore" those backups with an appropriate software. I must confess that I have never been really successful.
Francois

Chris L

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 04:01:44 pm »

Did you backup your iPhone on your computer? In that case, you might try to "explore" those backups with an appropriate software. I must confess that I have never been really successful.

ya i looked around in back ups with the apple care guy, nothing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up