Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is anyone using Lr 6.14 with macOS Catalina?  (Read 1046 times)

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Is anyone using Lr 6.14 with macOS Catalina?
« on: October 13, 2019, 06:52:40 am »

With the various cautionary notes . . .
Lightroom 6.14 itself is 64-bit, but the installer and licensing code are 32-bit. If it’s already installed, Lightroom 6.14 may continue to work, but you won’t be able to install, uninstall or reactivate it. For these reasons, Adobe does not recommend using it on Catalina and it is not supported on Catalina.

. . . and the warning from my System Report (System Preferences > System Report >Software > Legacy Software) (see below), I'm reticent to upgrade to Catalina until I hear from others of their success. I don't need to upgrade right away, but at some point I will. I expect, rather sadly, I will need to cave in to Adobe's subscription service. :'(

You might be tempted to wax on about what might happen and about delaying upgrade or even about the wondrous beauty of the new Lr Classic, but really, this post is about providing real-time, user experience with Lightroom 6.14 and macOS Catalina, so let's try to stick to the topic.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 08:11:52 am by luxborealis »
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

BAB

Re: Is anyone using Lr 6.14 with macOS Catalina?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 06:27:42 pm »

I hope not! not yet anyway enough problems with PS & LR and Mojave 10.14.6 can't take anymore issues. Just the color shift between screens and LR and PS is enough let alone the small glitches. I won't switch until a new MacBook Pro with different processor is released. JMO!
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kic

victoria_lightroomqueen

• Lightroom Queen
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 03:42:48 am »

By all reports, it works ok. There may be some smaller bugs we're not aware of yet. The issue is if it accidentally became deactivated, there's no way to reactivate it.

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 12:37:37 pm »

Also, the uninstaller will fail if you attempt to remove the app from Catalina.
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 05:08:37 pm »

I hope not! not yet anyway enough problems with PS & LR and Mojave 10.14.6 can't take anymore issues. Just the color shift between screens and LR and PS is enough let alone the small glitches. I won't switch until a new MacBook Pro with different processor is released. JMO!
Why would a different processor help?  Are you referring to LR version 6 (now almost 5 years old). I guess it’s not surprising that an old program might not play nice with a current operating systems. At whatever point it breaks, just means you can’t upgrade your OS anymore unless you are will to upgrade the app that broke.

Currently seeing no issues with Catalina in LR, PS, Screenflow, C1 and Epson printers on my 2019 MBP and eGPU setup. Running 3 different NEC displays with Spectraview II in various locations, not sure what type of color shifts you are seeing, never saw this on Mojave. Only app that wasn’t compatible was color think Pro, and they said they will have an update within a couple of weeks (not a mission critical app for me).

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 10:34:12 pm »

I use LR CC classic and it has certainly some benefits and new items that are worth while. ( texture for one)
Also it is 50% faster on my machine than LR 6 and has an updated lens/CameraRaw list.
Having said that i still dislike the subscription model, allthough it is not very expensive. ( but one never knows what the future will bring)
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up