Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEC MDSV3 Calibration Sensor  (Read 522 times)

Kit-V

NEC MDSV3 Calibration Sensor
« on: October 10, 2019, 05:42:54 pm »

I have been using an older NEC Eye-One Display 2 sensor to calibrate my NEC P221W display. With the installation of Apple's latest OS (10.15), I needed to upgrade to the latest version of the SpectraViewII 64-bit software (1.1.40). This rendered my old calibration sensor obsolete & non-functional.

Having said that.... I am looking at NEC's latest iteration, namely the MDSV3 sensor. I would appreciate any thoughts on this sensor and/or any preferable alternatives.

Thank you so much.

Kit
Falling Fork Photography

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: NEC MDSV3 Calibration Sensor
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 07:37:57 pm »

Just buy an X-rite i1Display Pro (newer rev or original) and it will work on that system as well as others.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Kit-V

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 12:37:04 am »

Andrew: I should have mentioned the X-rite as well since I understand that the NEC version is essentially the same but only works on NEC displays.

Thanks.

Kit
Falling Fork Photography

Lessbones

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 11:37:47 am »

Andrew: I should have mentioned the X-rite as well since I understand that the NEC version is essentially the same but only works on NEC displays.

Thanks.

Kit

Actually it works on anything you want it to (provided you're using displaycal or basiccolor display IME) but it does come with some custom built in matrix corrections specifically for NEC afaik, so you'd be better off with the more versatile non OEM'd version

Kit-V

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 12:29:57 pm »

Actually it works on anything you want it to (provided you're using displaycal or basiccolor display IME) but it does come with some custom built in matrix corrections specifically for NEC afaik, so you'd be better off with the more versatile non OEM'd version

I agree. Also, X-rite verified that their latest software is compatible with Catalina.

Kit
Falling Fork Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up