Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Nikon/Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 AF-S G ED VR Zoom Lens  (Read 152 times)

andyadler

FS: Nikon/Nikkor 70-200mm f2.8 AF-S G ED VR Zoom Lens
« on: October 08, 2019, 10:55:11 pm »

For sale is what has probably been my favorite "modern era" Nikon lens: the AF-S 70-200mm 2.8G ED VR, purchased by me from B&H. The merits of this lens have been described by enough users that I won’t clutter things up here by repeating them.

My sample of the 70-200 does have a couple of issues that bear mentioning. Chief among them is an AF mechanism that, upon powering up the camera, sometimes does not respond until you give a slight turn of the manual-focus ring. After that, the lens typically auto-focuses normally, though from time to time it may be necessary to give another quick turn of the manual-focus ring to keep AF active. The VR function has no such hesitation, but is a bit noisy. I am making allowances for these issues in my selling price. Manual focus, BTW, is surprisingly quick on this lens.

Though the lens is weather sealed, I’ve never taken it out in anything beyond a light mist. There is no fungus, dirt, etc., visible. Indeed, the lens is in excellent shape cosmetically and most importantly, optically. Included in the selling price are front and end caps, the dedicated HB-29 hood, the detachable tripod foot, and the companion CL-M2 zippered nylon carrying case.

Price: $525 + $20 USPS Priority Mail within the continental U.S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up