Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Softly Lit (2)  (Read 545 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Softly Lit (2)
« on: October 08, 2019, 01:04:22 pm »

Another one from my local area, taken after spending all day on the computer and just itching to go out after my evening meal, even though it was drizzly and the light didn't look as though it was going to do anything good at all. But after wandering around aimlessly for a little while, watching what light there was begin to fade, I finally arrived at this location just to turn the car around really (I know, am I lucky SOB or what?) and saw this scene opening up in front of me. Then it suddenly became an adrenalin fuelled scramble to try and get everything setup before the light faded altogether, which it did almost instantly after I shot it.

I bet some of you on here think I make this kind of stuff up you know, but I honestly don't and this is what happened. So I don't know if it is luck when things like this happen for me on the island or the surrounding area, or maybe its just having lived and photographed here for so many years now, that I just seem to subconsciously know where to go or something - anyhow, hope you like the shot  ;)

Dave

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Softly Lit (2)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 03:57:18 am »

Serendipity, and being prepared, help in getting lucky.

Great shot, and soft indeed. Reveals the feel of the place.

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 04:24:58 am »

What a beauty!

PS: In Iceland, I am almost always on edge that I am going to miss the shot. There could be a sudden gust of wind, fog could roll in without warning, all manner of surprises that don't happen in most other parts of the world. So, I know the feeling.

stamper

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 07:40:42 am »

First class.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 09:27:59 am »

Excellent.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 11:42:36 am »

Thank you again everyone  ;D

What a beauty!

PS: In Iceland, I am almost always on edge that I am going to miss the shot. There could be a sudden gust of wind, fog could roll in without warning, all manner of surprises that don't happen in most other parts of the world. So, I know the feeling.

Tell me Rajan, did you move to Iceland because of your passion for landscape photography, or do you just happen to live there and then landscape photography became your passion as a result?

I just wonder because that is exactly what I did by packing in my job and moving me and the missus to Skye, as I had become so obsessed with shooting landscapes, that I had totally grown out of where I lived back down South and so just had to 'up sticks' and move myself up here for the stunning scenery, and luckily I was near enough to retiring age, so that I could scrape by doing this (just) without having to work to support my all consuming habit.

Thanks again everyone, and it really is encouraging to know that you are all enjoying what I am doing, which makes it all the more worthwhile - but if I am honest, it wouldn't stop me even if no one liked what I was doing, so it really is a satisfying bonus for me that to know that you do actually seem to enjoy looking at what I am doing :)

Dave
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 11:50:00 am by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

thierrylegros396

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 02:25:59 am »

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 04:28:09 am »

Thank you again everyone  ;D

Tell me Rajan, did you move to Iceland because of your passion for landscape photography, or do you just happen to live there and then landscape photography became your passion as a result?

Dave

Dave - for now my wife and I live in Iceland.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 12:12:25 pm »

Dave - for now my wife and I live in Iceland.

Ah, are you a politician by any chance Rajan, because that is a very none illuminating type of answer to my question, but hey ho, perhaps it is not for me to pry in the circumstance of other peoples lives, so forgive me for being so nosey  ;)

Dave

guido

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 09:44:05 pm »

Lovely image Dave!

Cornfield

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 04:45:33 am »

Very well done.  A really well composed image with no selfie seekers in sight.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2019, 11:23:51 am »

Lovely image Dave!
Very well done.  A really well composed image with no selfie seekers in sight.

Thanks Guys  ;D

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up