Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too much of post...  (Read 6754 times)

rabanito

Re: Too much of post...
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2019, 11:47:21 am »

And worse yet, it's easy to do and available to all. Democratizing of the weapons of vandalism, then.

The AK47 of photography... 8)
But not that accessible IMHO ($$$). And complex

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2019, 10:52:30 am »

But Paulo, pre-Phopshop stuff can't begin to be anything as powerful as Photoshop in its abitilty to distort, improve, make worse, exaggerate and otherwise to fib. And worse yet, it's easy to do and available to all. Democratizing of the weapons of vandalism, then.

The Genesis project is well after PS. I mentioned Velvia's introduction as a form of manipulation of reality to deliver a new look at the time, that was quite successful. So fashions come and go. The original topic was about "what is too much of post".

For sure today it is a lot easier to do than in the past, but in essence it is the same thing. It is also the same thing in movies and music - technology moves on and is democratized. Who are we to pass judgment? Unless you need the photo to fulfill a specific legal role, since when has photography been a faithful representation of reality?

Just look at the work of Alain Briot and see how much he processes some of his images, for example.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2019, 12:11:55 pm »

The Genesis project is well after PS. I mentioned Velvia's introduction as a form of manipulation of reality to deliver a new look at the time, that was quite successful. So fashions come and go. The original topic was about "what is too much of post".

For sure today it is a lot easier to do than in the past, but in essence it is the same thing. It is also the same thing in movies and music - technology moves on and is democratized. Who are we to pass judgment? Unless you need the photo to fulfill a specific legal role, since when has photography been a faithful representation of reality?

Just look at the work of Alain Briot and see how much he processes some of his images, for example.

I thank the Gods I'm not a crime scene photographer.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2019, 05:11:47 pm »

It is fine if you don't like much postprocessing on images, but don't tell other people what to do or how they should take pictures. If you want a faithful representation of reality take your own pictures or hire a photographer that follows your instructions.

In regards to believing or not what is being presented, I apply the criteria that I need to see at least three coincident pieces of information from unrelated sources. Until then I will not take it as a fact, no matter who says it.

Rob C

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2019, 02:48:47 pm »

It is fine if you don't like much postprocessing on images, but don't tell other people what to do or how they should take pictures. If you want a faithful representation of reality take your own pictures or hire a photographer that follows your instructions.

In regards to believing or not what is being presented, I apply the criteria that I need to see at least three coincident pieces of information from unrelated sources. Until then I will not take it as a fact, no matter who says it.

So where will I find the corroborative evidence that that's really your view?

;-)

RBFritz

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2019, 03:57:35 pm »

If I understand the first posit the logical conclusion would be that all painters suffer from mild to severe PP ?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up