Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Human Dimension  (Read 321 times)

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
Human Dimension
« on: October 04, 2019, 07:27:59 pm »

I have been experimenting the last few months with different techniques to combine multiple exposures. As an outcome of this I found a way were the common elements are darkened and the varying elements are lilghtened and coloured (a very basic explanation), so I came with this idea for a personal project "Human Dimension" as it is the living beings who appear lightened in an otherwise dark static background.

Here are some of the images of this experiment:

Going to work: Walking or cycling is part of the daily commute to work for many. Over time it is like a river flowing across the pathways

Hosier lane - One of the famous Melbourne lanes, Hosier Lane attracts locals and tourist to photograph, be photographed or just admire the street art.

The magic portal - The National Gallery of Victoria water window is a mesmerising place especially for the young, who are attracted to it as if it were a magic portal.

Going to the expo - Going to or coming from the Melbourne Expo & Convention Centre, with a few observant birds. Simply part of the weekend routine.

Stay Fit - Jogging or riding, fleeting but fulfilling, both ideal ways to stay fit, both ideal ways to shut away the world around us.

The complete selection in this link:

https://frankdisilvestro.com.au/human-dimension

Thanks for watching

armand

• Photos
Re: Human Dimension
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 09:55:24 pm »

I have yet to look through everything but I think this is very interesting and has a lot of potential. I thought about doing something vaguely similar (much less complex though) so I appreciate the idea and the realization even more.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 03:44:59 am »

Whereas the others are examples of a technique, the "Water window" is beautiful, regardless of technique employed; it just lives as its own holistic being.

Rob

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 08:47:27 am »

I have yet to look through everything but I think this is very interesting and has a lot of potential. I thought about doing something vaguely similar (much less complex though) so I appreciate the idea and the realization even more.
Thanks Armand, I keep practicing and experimenting with the technique as there are many variables that influence the results, so yes, a lot of potential.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 08:50:19 am »

Whereas the others are examples of a technique, the "Water window" is beautiful, regardless of technique employed; it just lives as its own holistic being.

Rob
Thanks for your comment Rob, that image is also my favorite. I have in my mind many things that I want to try and explore. I expect to this will be a long term personal project.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 08:51:29 am »

I think you are onto a good thing, worth much more experimenting.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 01:23:19 am »

Thanks Eric!

Arlen

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 02:45:46 pm »

So do I. It looks like a lot of fun, and some of the resulting images are standouts. Not to mention unique; not much chance of producing just another tourist shot, even when shooting a touristy place.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 03:39:41 pm »

It's fascinating stuff, Francisco. Keep working with it. It's possible, partly, because we're now in a digital world. Would have been possible with film, but extremely difficult. It opens a whole new world of photographic creativity.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 03:28:50 am »

Thanks for you comments Arlen & Russ, much appreciated!

John R

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 08:56:56 am »

So do I. It looks like a lot of fun, and some of the resulting images are standouts. Not to mention unique; not much chance of producing just another tourist shot, even when shooting a touristy place.
I agree with this assessment. Just keep experimenting. Take the last image posted, I really like it, but don't like that the face of the walker between the cyclists turned blue. So many ways and possibilities. Keep going...

JR

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 01:14:07 pm »

Interesting and I agree it has great potential. Some of these are really nice! Good thinking.
-MattB
Pages: [1]   Go Up