Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photography as art  (Read 780 times)

bwana

photography as art
« on: October 04, 2019, 10:39:28 am »

Where would one post images in this forum that might fall under this thread's title?
I know the rubric of 'photography as art' sounds vague. I am trying to refer to photographs that have an abstract content or content that is not strictly representational. This would include photographs that have been manipulated to achieve a mood or evoke an emotion. Yet a lot of abstract art relies on scale or viewer participation/involvement/immersion which is not possible on an electronic forum so there might be a need for an accompanying blurb to add that dimension for certain images.

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
Re: photography as art
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 12:30:01 pm »

Where would one post images in this forum that might fall under this thread's title?
I know the rubric of 'photography as art' sounds vague. I am trying to refer to photographs that have an abstract content or content that is not strictly representational. This would include photographs that have been manipulated to achieve a mood or evoke an emotion. Yet a lot of abstract art relies on scale or viewer participation/involvement/immersion which is not possible on an electronic forum so there might be a need for an accompanying blurb to add that dimension for certain images.

Why not post one...your sure to get an ear full as to what to do!

Peter

Rob C

Re: photography as art
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 12:57:01 pm »

Not sure what you're suggesting can be done about size and participation beyond looking. The screen's flat, after all, and many pictures here are, IMO, already posted too large because for me, the moment I have to scroll to see one, I move on to something else.

My own stuff is invariably 810 x 610 pixies because that's the size I put them in my website. I like to keep a constant look to the thing and have no intention of making a variety of image sizes simply to post them here or anywhere else. WYSIWYG.

I certainly haven't found that too small for me to see what a picture is.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up