Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crop Dimensions  (Read 516 times)

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
Crop Dimensions
« on: September 30, 2019, 08:38:37 pm »

Hello,

I have several images that need to be cropped to the same dimensions as a master image. Having cropped the master image, is there a way I can determine what the cropped dimensions of the master image is in develop module and then apply them to the other images? I can see the cropped dimensions clearly in Print module, but that still requires me to crop the other images by try and error until they all match in the Print module.

Thanks

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
Re: Crop Dimensions
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 09:14:06 pm »

In the Library or Develop module, Command J brings up a window that allows you determine what file information is displayed in the grid or loupe views.  Once it is set, back in the grid view pressing just J will cycle through what you’ve set up, and in the loupe view pressing I will cycle through what you’ve selected.

In the develop module, the lower left corner has a “Copy…” function.
The interface that opens allows you copy any develop settings.  You might find it convenient to uncheck all first, and then of course copy the crop.

Then select the other image from the filmstrip and press “Paste” (to the right of “Copy…”).

Alternatively, if there are two or more images to match the master, select them all in the filmstrip or grid view (if done in the grid view of the library, return to Develop) and, making sure the master is the primary image selected (its border will be brighter than the others’), copy the crop from the “Copy…” interface and when it’s closed, press “Sync” on the lower right.
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com

Robert Boire

• www.robertboire.ca
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 11:04:49 pm »

Of course.  I forgot about copy settings!

Thanks

Jeffrey Saldinger

• Jeffrey Saldinger
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 07:25:40 am »

You're welcome.  Glad I could help.
Jeffrey
Astoria, New York
www.jeffreysaldinger.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up