Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 137592 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #800 on: October 30, 2019, 01:02:43 pm »

... s Wardog still joyously alive, barking mad, or in that big kennel in the sky?...

Apparently, the dog was injured in the blast, but survived and is ok now.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #801 on: October 30, 2019, 01:16:41 pm »

I disagree.  Regardless though on who is right, it's really not going to matter. 
Neither of us can vote on this matter until next November.  We will have to see how it all plays out when the evidence is made public and how the House decides to proceed.  All else is mere conjecture. 

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #802 on: October 30, 2019, 01:17:32 pm »

Apparently, the dog was injured in the blast, but survived and is ok now.

Seems unlikely, if he was close to the bombvest blast...
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #803 on: October 30, 2019, 02:28:07 pm »

Man, things are getting really tough for Dems when Barack Hussein Obama has to step in and bitch-slap them

;D ;D ;D

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #804 on: October 31, 2019, 12:46:34 am »

Oh no... it seems that the transcript of the Ukraine conversation was not word for word after all...

This is very surprising since Trump said at least 4 times in public that absolutely nothing had been left out...

Why would he lie on this?

Cheers,
Bernard

Rob C

« Reply #805 on: October 31, 2019, 06:43:30 am »

Oh no... it seems that the transcript of the Ukraine conversation was not word for word after all...

This is very surprising since Trump said at least 4 times in public that absolutely nothing had been left out...

Why would he lie on this?

Cheers,
Bernard

He didn't Bernard; it's an example of the new freedom: elastic reality.

It travels really well: utterly changed the concept of British politics, and how a statement - made verbally and also writ large on advertising buses on one day, recorded on video for all time, nevertheless doesn't mean a thing when it is admitted to as being a "mistake" immediately after it wins a referendum, a "mistake" whose consequences have wasted almost three years of Parliamentary time, split families and is going to screw the country in the longer run.

Far from helping the NHS to the tune of 350 million pounds a week, more and more UK doctors are seeing the colour of their future and voting with their pretty feet.

Trump and his like are stoking the fires of a revolution, much as is happening in other parts of the world. It will get a lot worse than it is now, mild, half-hearted little spats on a website.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #806 on: October 31, 2019, 11:28:59 am »

it's an example of the new freedom: elastic reality.... It will get a lot worse than it is now...

Truth Decay

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #807 on: October 31, 2019, 12:12:45 pm »

Truth Decay

Only simple minds believe in simple truths.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #808 on: October 31, 2019, 01:22:41 pm »

Simple minds like Occam’s?

Occam's Razor is not a simple truth, or whole truth. It is a good starting point in search for truth. Simple answers are sometimes sufficient, sometimes, or more correctly, oftentimes, not.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #809 on: October 31, 2019, 04:54:59 pm »

I'm not going to lie, I am really questioning the authenticity of this image.  I really hope the NYTs and the Washington Post gets on this story. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #810 on: November 01, 2019, 08:31:09 am »

Only simple minds believe in simple truths.

You don’t think that Trumps lies on purpose?

Or you do not think it’s problematic for the president of the US to lie on purpose?

Exactly, what degree of respect do you have for the Presidential function?

Perhaps the difference btwn Trump supporters and opponents lies in the respect or lack of respect of institutions such as the role of President or the Constitution?

Because the Republicans who voted against the impreachement procedure today have done nothing but show incredible disrespect for the Constitution they have swore to protect. I guess you are fine with that?

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 08:35:15 am by BernardLanguillier »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #811 on: November 01, 2019, 09:40:27 am »

Bernard, if there is any “disrespect” for the Constitution, it comes from Democrats, who have been desperately trying to overturn election results by a slow-motion coup d’etat, clutching at the straws, and making mountains out of molehills. As if they haven’t learned anything from the spectacular failure that the Russian Connection was, they are now going for the Ukrainian one. The result will be the same: Trump 2020.

Rob C

« Reply #812 on: November 01, 2019, 11:24:15 am »

Bernard, if there is any “disrespect” for the Constitution, it comes from Democrats, who have been desperately trying to overturn election results by a slow-motion coup d’etat, clutching at the straws, and making mountains out of molehills. As if they haven’t learned anything from the spectacular failure that the Russian Connection was, they are now going for the Ukrainian one. The result will be the same: Trump 2020.

Slobodan, is that a practical demonstration of the theory that two negatives make a positive?

Were my wife around I'd ask her instead, as she was much better at maths than I.

;-)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #813 on: November 01, 2019, 12:55:29 pm »

Russian investigation a failure? Where do you get your news, the Nancy and Sluggo show? It provided tons of evidence for illegal collusion, but for reasons I do not understand Mueller concluded it was not enough to indict a sitting president. Some 1,000 prosecuting attorneys signed a statement (or some such) to the effect that they saw enough evidence in the report for an indictment.

It must be nice to be a conservative. If you want something to be true, just declare it true and - poof - there ya go. No need to think or investigate.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #814 on: November 01, 2019, 01:04:51 pm »

... If you want something to be true, just declare it true and - poof - there ya go. No need to think or investigate.

Yup. "Alternative Facts".

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #815 on: November 01, 2019, 01:08:28 pm »

Russian investigation a failure? Where do you get your news, the Nancy and Sluggo show? It provided tons of evidence for illegal collusion, but for reasons I do not understand Mueller concluded it was not enough to indict a sitting president.

The reason was that a sitting President cannot be indicted. When he is not the President anymore, he can still be indicted. Several of his helpers are already in Jail.
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #816 on: November 01, 2019, 03:00:19 pm »

You guys!

;D ;D ;D

James Clark

« Reply #817 on: November 01, 2019, 03:38:36 pm »

Meanwhile...

R:  "This is a total sham!!! These hearings are SECRET and REPUBLICANS ARE SHUT OUT!!!"
(note: totally not true.  Republicans are in the hearings, which are using the rules set forth by a Republican speaker and a Republican House, but I digress..)

D:  Hey buddy... these are your rules, but ok.. let's vote on open hearings.

R:  I vote NO!  BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!
(ok, I made that last part up - but gee whiz.)

::)

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #818 on: November 01, 2019, 04:48:23 pm »

Russian investigation a failure? . . .  It provided tons of evidence for illegal collusion, but for reasons I do not understand Mueller concluded it was not enough to indict a sitting president.

Actually, Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report concluded that there was insufficient evidence to show that then-candidate Trump or any member of his campaign staff participated in a criminal conspiracy with the Russian agents who interfered in the 2016 presidential election.

The report documented multiple potential instances of obstruction of justice by President Trump involving attempts to interfere with the government's investigation of the hostile Russian operations.  However, based on a longstanding Department of Justice policy, by which Mueller considered himself bound, he declined to make "a traditional prosecutorial judgment" regarding them:

Because we determined not to make a traditional prosecutorial judgment, we did not draw ultimate conclusions about the  President’s conduct.  The  evidence we obtained  about  the President’s actions and intent presents difficult issues that would need to be resolved if we were making a traditional prosecutorial judgment.  At the same time, if we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the President clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state.  Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards, we are unable to reach that judgment.  Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.

After Trump leaves office, or is removed by the impeachment process, he could be charged with any federal crimes he committed during his tenure.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 06:15:54 pm by Chris Kern »

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #819 on: November 01, 2019, 05:28:46 pm »

Meanwhile...

R:  "This is a total sham!!! These hearings are SECRET and REPUBLICANS ARE SHUT OUT!!!"
(note: totally not true.  Republicans are in the hearings, which are using the rules set forth by a Republican speaker and a Republican House, but I digress..)

D:  Hey buddy... these are your rules, but ok.. let's vote on open hearings.

There are 40+ republicans on the three committees that are conducting the impeachment investigations.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 196   Go Up