Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 137009 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #780 on: October 29, 2019, 11:14:31 am »

Turns out, Trump was, once again, totally wrong. Once again, betting on the wrong horse (errr... dog). Not such a hero, after all:

https://babylonbee.com/news/cnn-uncovers-evidence-hero-dog-sniffed-butts?fbclid=IwAR0zucm3faFUyDOJdT555E4TvtapxxHvbwl8o5s0lqoB_JyFvYlF7drd5ss

Must have been part of AI Deep sniffing training. NVIDIA did something similar recently, but with animal faces. 

A team of NVIDIA researchers has defined new AI techniques that give computers enough smarts to see a picture of one animal and recreate its expression and pose on the face of any other creature. The work is powered in part by generative adversarial networks (GANs), an emerging AI technique that pits one neural network against another.

Before this work, network models for image translation had to be trained using many images of the target animal. Now, one picture of Rover does the trick, in part thanks to a training function that includes many different image translation tasks the team adds to the GAN process.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2019/10/27/ai-gans-pets-ganimals/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #781 on: October 29, 2019, 02:35:23 pm »

I think we beat this to death.  I'm signing off to get on with life.  Carry on.  :)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #782 on: October 29, 2019, 03:33:36 pm »

What?  ???

I seem to remember Obama touting this on his re-election campaign, "Osama is dead and Detroit is alive," along with other variants said plenty of times in 2012. 

Obama saying "Osama is dead" is a simple, undeniable fact. He did not take personal credit for it.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #783 on: October 29, 2019, 03:54:57 pm »

Turns out, Trump was, once again, totally wrong. Once again, betting on the wrong horse (errr... dog). Not such a hero, after all:

Amazing. I'd never heard of that site before, and my attention has been drawn to two links in 24 hours.

(This is the other.)

Jeremy

JoeKitchen

« Reply #784 on: October 29, 2019, 05:46:21 pm »

Obama saying "Osama is dead" is a simple, undeniable fact. He did not take personal credit for it.

Are you kidding me.  He made it part of his re-election campaign; that is taking credit for it. 

He may not have been as boisterous, but Obama did take credit for it. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

« Reply #785 on: October 29, 2019, 05:53:21 pm »

Amazing. I'd never heard of that site before, and my attention has been drawn to two links in 24 hours.

(This is the other.)

Jeremy

Another great satire sure to rile up emotions, although, consider a recent story, it should have been in London. 

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #786 on: October 29, 2019, 09:50:45 pm »

It's a website know for Satire: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Babylon_Bee
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #787 on: October 29, 2019, 10:59:20 pm »

It's a website known for Satire...

Nooooo... and all this time I thought...  :-[
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 11:14:10 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #788 on: October 29, 2019, 11:04:33 pm »

Happens every time. The discussion starts with a serious statement and ends with a joke.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #789 on: October 29, 2019, 11:20:36 pm »

Happens every time. The discussion starts with a serious statement and ends with a joke.

Especially when you try to treat a joke (impeachment) as a serious statement ;)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #790 on: October 30, 2019, 12:03:12 am »

Good punchline!

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #791 on: October 30, 2019, 05:59:57 am »

How is the impeachment a joke?

JoeKitchen

« Reply #792 on: October 30, 2019, 07:46:16 am »

Well Tom Brokaw, on MSNBC none the less, said, “The big difference is … they still don’t have what you call 'the goods' on this president in terms of breaking the law and being an impeachable target for them."  It's important to remember that (a) aid was not withheld and (b) the investigation was not implemented.  Even if you think Trump's words were concerning helping him in the 2020 election, he did not follow through with it. 

But anyway, I think the below "political article" sums up the points I have been making about the current field of Dems. 

RNC Raising Money To Help Democrats Televise Five Debates A Week
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 07:49:58 am by JoeKitchen »

Rob C

« Reply #793 on: October 30, 2019, 10:10:58 am »

It's time for Noah Mk 2.

All of them, politicians of all persuasions (they have none), the European ones too, should be barred from boarding and left to swim and then sink to the bottom. Quite who might replace them when the waters subside, I have no idea; perhaps we could start electing pigs - no, wait, been there, done that.

Medacity is the new religion.

;-(

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #794 on: October 30, 2019, 10:32:23 am »

Well Tom Brokaw, on MSNBC none the less, said, “The big difference is … they still don’t have what you call 'the goods' on this president in terms of breaking the law and being an impeachable target for them."  It's important to remember that (a) aid was not withheld and (b) the investigation was not implemented.  Even if you think Trump's words were concerning helping him in the 2020 election, he did not follow through with it.

I think that's not correct, or even relevant. He did solicit for a foreign nation to influence the national elections. That's the ground for impeachment, and from the looks of it there is enough first-hand evidence to prove that. It was only made worse by the attempted cover-up, and the going outside of the official diplomatic channels (making it more difficult for Congress to do its duty) doesn't help either. Then the coercion of witnesses to not testify raised more suspicion, what (else) are they trying to hide.

Cheers,
Bart

JoeKitchen

« Reply #795 on: October 30, 2019, 10:41:11 am »

I think that's not correct, or even relevant. He did solicit for a foreign nation to influence the national elections. That's the ground for impeachment, and from the looks of it there is enough first-hand evidence to prove that. It was only made worse by the attempted cover-up, and the going outside of the official diplomatic channels (making it more difficult for Congress to do its duty) doesn't help either. Then the coercion of witnesses to not testify raised more suspicion, what (else) are they trying to hide.

Cheers,
Bart

All of these can be explained by other possible actions and motives.  Sorry Bart, but there is no clear cut evidence.  They don't have the goods.  I am half expecting the vote to fail on Thursday; as of this morning, at least one Dem in the house is saying he will most like vote against the resolution. 

In other news though, it really getting bad for the dog!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #796 on: October 30, 2019, 10:45:22 am »

... In other news though, it really getting bad for the dog!

;D

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #797 on: October 30, 2019, 11:40:19 am »

All of these can be explained by other possible actions and motives.  Sorry Bart, but there is no clear cut evidence.  They don't have the goods.  I am half expecting the vote to fail on Thursday; as of this morning, at least one Dem in the house is saying he will most like vote against the resolution. 
Speaker Pelosi will not bring a vote to the floor that she will lose.  I don't know how you can say there is no clear cut evidence.  We have already seen several credible witnesses come before the inquiry panel that lay out the problem.  In addition, the President only released an edited transcript of the phone call and put the actual phone call in a lock box. There is also the significant matter regarding the role of Giuliani, who may or may not have been delegated with carrying out the President's foreign policy and other goals in the Ukraine. The bigger problem for the President is obstruction of justice which will likely be one of the Impeachment articles 'if' they bring a charge to forward to the Senate. 

There are going to be some difficult votes to take by both sides though I think more will be of consequence in the Senate if there is an Impeachment vote.  The Republicans who seem only to be attacking this on procedural grounds and not trying to seek the truth are leading the US to a dangerous place.  Many of them have argued in the past that the executive branch has grown in power and much of this results from poor Congressional oversight.  Now that we have some Congressional oversight, the Republicans are lining up to argue against the process.  I've done my share of Congressional testimony during my working career and it's never very pleasant (I got severely upbraided by Senator Boxer on an environmental issue that we were actually the 'good guys').  The Senate can ultimately vote not to impeach but they ought to welcome oversight.  the only Senate committee that is doing a passable job is the Intelligence Committee that is chaired by Senator Burr with Senator Warner as the ranking member.

Rob C

« Reply #798 on: October 30, 2019, 12:02:00 pm »

;D

Something else I'm not clear about: if Wardog was sent in to catch the target, and then target self-exploded (we are not yet sure if from indignation, chemicals or nothing more exciting than Delhi Belly), one has to ask: is Wardog still joyously alive, barking mad, or in that big kennel in the sky? If he is to appear on tv to win awards, one assumes he is alive and well, or otherwise his ròle in the play would have been censored to prevent the various animal lobbies from protesting in front of the Casa Blanca.

That said, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that a stand-in could be employed: as Rembrandt famously said, they do all look the same in a certain light.

Rob

JoeKitchen

« Reply #799 on: October 30, 2019, 12:21:17 pm »

Speaker Pelosi will not bring a vote to the floor that she will lose.  I don't know how you can say there is no clear cut evidence.  We have already seen several credible witnesses come before the inquiry panel that lay out the problem.  In addition, the President only released an edited transcript of the phone call and put the actual phone call in a lock box. There is also the significant matter regarding the role of Giuliani, who may or may not have been delegated with carrying out the President's foreign policy and other goals in the Ukraine. The bigger problem for the President is obstruction of justice which will likely be one of the Impeachment articles 'if' they bring a charge to forward to the Senate. 

There are going to be some difficult votes to take by both sides though I think more will be of consequence in the Senate if there is an Impeachment vote.  The Republicans who seem only to be attacking this on procedural grounds and not trying to seek the truth are leading the US to a dangerous place.  Many of them have argued in the past that the executive branch has grown in power and much of this results from poor Congressional oversight.  Now that we have some Congressional oversight, the Republicans are lining up to argue against the process.  I've done my share of Congressional testimony during my working career and it's never very pleasant (I got severely upbraided by Senator Boxer on an environmental issue that we were actually the 'good guys').  The Senate can ultimately vote not to impeach but they ought to welcome oversight.  the only Senate committee that is doing a passable job is the Intelligence Committee that is chaired by Senator Burr with Senator Warner as the ranking member.

I disagree.  Regardless though on who is right, it's really not going to matter. 

As someone else is found of saying, all the Dems had to do was not go crazy but they went totally crazy.  Warren's policies are so far to the left, I don't think this impeachment process is really going to matter. 

The only hope is that Biden wins, but I dont see that being great either since there is no enthusiasm and he cant seem to raise any money. 
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 196   Go Up