Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 137025 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #660 on: October 26, 2019, 05:16:57 pm »

Read it and find out.
Why would reading it change my mind about the Washington Post? Ir doesn't change their overall biases.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #661 on: October 26, 2019, 06:35:32 pm »

Surveys have shown that 93% of journalists are Democrats.  Liberals are attracted to the "arts", education, journalism, etc more than conservatives.  You tend to write and produce things along your belief system.  It's not a mystery or conspiracy.  But that doesn't make their belief systems truth any more than it does for conservatives.  It's just how we're wired.

This whole discussion about media bias isn’t relevant to the Trump impreachement for 2 obvious reasons:
1. Trump, his team and the various testimonies have clearly admitted to committing the deeds for which he is proposed for impreachement. The media coverage has nothing to do with it,

2. Trumps policies and actions are not at all aligned with the core values of Republicans. If he were to do the exact same things as a Democrat he would be killed by conservative media as being the most anti American president ever. Which means that the pro Trump bias isn’t about ideas or beliefs, it is only about politics. Based on ideas or beliefs or facts 100% of the press should be anti Trump. The fact that he is still getting some support from some media is the obvious proof of their bias resulting not from ideology, but simply from the fact that they would support a Republican associated president no matter what he does just because he is a Republican. They would continue to support him if he [edited] did whatever crazy thing.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 04:55:18 pm by BernardLanguillier »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #662 on: October 26, 2019, 07:48:33 pm »

This whole discussion about media bias isn’t relevant to the Trump impreachement for 2 obvious reasons:
1. Trump, his team and the various testimonies have clearly admitted to committing the deeds for which he is proposed for impreachement. The media coverage has nothing to do with it,

2. Trumps policies and actions are not at all aligned with the core values of Republicans. If he were to do the exact same things as a Democrat he would be killed by conservative media as being the most anti American president ever. Which means that the pro Trump bias isn’t about ideas or beliefs, it is only about politics. Based on ideas or beliefs or facts 100% of the press should be anti Trump. The fact that he is still getting some support from some media is the obvious proof of their bias resulting not from ideology, but simply from the fact that they would support a Republican associated president no matter what he does just because he is a Republican. They would continue to support him if he sent arabs to gas chambers.

Cheers,
Bernard

So you think it's OK to claim that supporters of Trump like me would support him if he acted like a Nazi who wanted to send Arabs to gas chambers?   Never mind the slur on me or him. That kind of off-hand hyperbolic attack just cheapens and diminishes the lives of millions of people who were actually killed in gas chambers.  The rest of your post isn't worthy of a response from me.

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #663 on: October 26, 2019, 08:26:05 pm »

They would continue to support him if he sent arabs to gas chambers.

Bravo! You have reached a new, despicable low!

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #664 on: October 26, 2019, 08:46:00 pm »

...arabs...

Arabs in lower case!? You racist you!   ;D

Peter McLennan

« Reply #665 on: October 26, 2019, 08:54:29 pm »

That doesn't matter.  Everyone knows these are opinion pieces, not news.  It's the news section where the NY Times fails by being biased. It's here that the world gets an impression about things that are different than reality.

Wrong.  The item was in the Op-Ed section.  Few here have read it, obviously.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #666 on: October 26, 2019, 10:43:49 pm »

Wrong.  The item was in the Op-Ed section.  Few here have read it, obviously.
Peter, I don;t understand your post.  My complaint is that there's bias in the news section where straight reporting should be the standard.  What any newspaper does in their opinion-editorial section (op-ed) , is, well, opinion and editorial.  So having a conservative or liberal viewpoint there does not matter when measuring a newspaper's bias and slant.  Everyone understands that section is not the straight reporting of news.

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #667 on: October 27, 2019, 05:53:09 am »

Bravo! You have reached a new, despicable low!

The example was indeed exaggerated and I apologize.

The real, and totally valid question, is how far would Trump have to go to lose support from its base. So far I haven’t seen any hint that there is a limit.

Cheers,
Bernard

BernardLanguillier

« Reply #668 on: October 27, 2019, 05:54:51 am »

So you think it's OK to claim that supporters of Trump like me would support him if he acted like a Nazi who wanted to send Arabs to gas chambers?   Never mind the slur on me or him. That kind of off-hand hyperbolic attack just cheapens and diminishes the lives of millions of people who were actually killed in gas chambers.  The rest of your post isn't worthy of a response from me.

I apologize for the overblown example.

I am not surprised that you haven’t much to answer about the rest of the post.

Cheers,
Bernard

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #669 on: October 27, 2019, 08:43:24 am »

... The real, and totally valid question, is how far would Trump have to go to lose support from its base...

His base has not seen him doing anything wrong so far.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #670 on: October 27, 2019, 09:11:02 am »

Of course the NYT and others have a liberal bias.  So do the colleges and universities. The TRUTH has a liberal bias.

They all can’t be wrong.

Of course our Pravda and Izvestia and others have a Soviet bias. So do our colleges and universities. Our writers are writing Soviet prose, and our artists are painting in Soviet style. The TRUTH (PRAVDA) has a Soviet bias.

They all can’t be wrong.

Leonid Brezhnev

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #671 on: October 27, 2019, 09:31:25 am »

I apologize for the overblown example.

I am not surprised that you haven’t much to answer about the rest of the post.

Cheers,
Bernard

I appreciate the apology Bernard.  We all get hyperbolic from time to time.  I know I have.

2. Trumps policies and actions are not at all aligned with the core values of Republicans. If he were to do the exact same things as a Democrat he would be killed by conservative media as being the most anti American president ever. Which means that the pro Trump bias isn’t about ideas or beliefs, it is only about politics. Based on ideas or beliefs or facts 100% of the press should be anti Trump. The fact that he is still getting some support from some media is the obvious proof of their bias resulting not from ideology, but simply from the fact that they would support a Republican associated president no matter what he does just because he is a Republican. They would continue to support him ...

Cheers,
Bernard
1. First off, what he did was not illegal. Demanding a foreign country do things for us when we give them money is standard quid pro quo. You have a right to ask a drunk on the street who you just gave $5 to spend it on food and not a drink.  Well, the president was asking for Ukraine to clean up it's corruption, the same as Obama demanded they do.  He also asked to check on Biden who may have illegally used his position to violate US as well as Ukrainian law helping his son get a job and escape criminal investigation, all part of the corruption going on in the Ukraine.  Of course there's a side benefit that Biden is a political foe.  However, how is that different than Democrat congressman investigating Trump for the last three years for potential criminal activity knowing that they would benefit if it turns out Trump commiting a crime?  If Trump isn't above the law, neither is Vice President Biden.  If Democrats can get a side benefit politically from an legal investigation, why can't the Republicans?  None of it is illegal.  It's just politics. 

2. I'm glad you brought this up.  Trump is actually a liberal in many of his beliefs.  Being a New Yorker helps.  He never got excited about race issues, gays, and issues like that.  He's worked with these people all his life.   He's a cosmopolitan who lives and works and helped build the largest liberal, Democrat city in the USA, bar none. Remember, he won the election convincing traditional, blue-collar Democrats to vote for him.  They felt he was one of them. Many Republicans actually find he's too liberal for them, certainly not a VP Pence.  Republican newspapers still support him because his policies are still miles ahead conservatively of liberals like Warren and AOC.  Unfortunately, these newspapers and media, except for Fox, don't have the same power to influence as do the rest of the liberal, Democrat media.  So the latter set the tone and spin of the news.  It's very frustrating for Republicans to realize the press is almost never on their side.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #672 on: October 27, 2019, 10:05:08 am »

How will this affect a possible impeachment?  His re-election?

"Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead," Trump said at the White House, calling the ISIS leader's removal "the top national security priority of my administration."
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/27/politics/isis-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-operation-donald-trump/index.html

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #673 on: October 27, 2019, 10:52:40 am »

How will this affect a possible impeachment?  His re-election?

"Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is dead," Trump said at the White House, calling the ISIS leader's removal "the top national security priority of my administration."
https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/27/politics/isis-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-operation-donald-trump/index.html
It will have the same significance and importance as the assassination of Bin Laden did by the Navy Seal team when Obama was President.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #674 on: October 27, 2019, 11:07:32 am »

Here's an interesting reporting technique, essentially staking out the Trump hotel (Wash) electronically anyway, https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/10/25/trump-hotel-sale-washington-dc-229880.

Modern political discourse in action. If the hotel does sell, then it magically falls off the radar, nothing to see here! Hilarious to watch.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #675 on: October 27, 2019, 11:08:13 am »

Of course our Pravda and Izvestia and others have a Soviet bias. So do our colleges and universities. Our writers are writing Soviet prose, and our artists are painting in Soviet style. The TRUTH (PRAVDA) has a Soviet bias.

They all can’t be wrong.

Leonid Brezhnev

I love reverse-Godwin. :)
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #676 on: October 27, 2019, 01:17:26 pm »

It will have the same significance and importance as the assassination of Bin Laden did by the Navy Seal team when Obama was President.
Would you give Trump the credit he deserves?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #677 on: October 27, 2019, 01:33:04 pm »

Just a clarification.  al Baghdadi was not assassinated.  He refused to surrender to American forces and committed suicide killing three children along with himself.   That shows something about his character. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #678 on: October 27, 2019, 02:09:37 pm »

Need-to-know basis. Feel the burn!

;D ;D ;D

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #679 on: October 27, 2019, 02:31:28 pm »

Need-to-know basis. Feel the burn!

;D ;D ;D

Shows what he thinks about her impeachment threats.  He deliberately keeps challenger her.  Bring it on. 
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 196   Go Up