Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 137120 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #580 on: October 25, 2019, 11:58:47 am »

That must be the FOX news meme.  Negotiations are nearing conclusion to stop the outsourcing of US jobs that took place under the old NAFTA and of course this is one of President Trump's major goals as well.  he campaigned on this quite vociferously.  There is also a major give away to my former industry that needs to be dealt with.  Congress serves to advise and consent on treaties.
You asked what they haven't done.  Well, they're sitting on it and wont do anything.  YOu don;t really think that Democrat Speaker Pelosi is going to approve a Trump trade deal before the election, do you.   How long has it been since Trump approved the new trade pact?  What are the Dems waiting for?  Hell will freeze over first. Les and the rest of Canada want to know!! :)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #581 on: October 25, 2019, 12:04:26 pm »

PS  When are you guys going to stop assuming I base everything I say on what Fox says?  Do you think I spend all my time watching that stuff.  Actually I watch CNN and MSNBC more to find out what the "enemy" thinks. :) Do I accuse you of saying everything from what you heard from CNN or MSNBC?  It's just a typical left way of trying to make people look stupid and uniformed.  You should know me by now that I'm far from stupid or uninformed and don;t need Fox to to learn things and draw my own conclusions about things. 

faberryman

« Reply #582 on: October 25, 2019, 12:05:43 pm »

You really don;t know what's going on in America.  Most Americans don't either because most people here too read or see only biased news.  A free press is suppose to serve the people, not the leaders.  Unfortunately, media has decided to take sides politically.  That's not exactly new.  But it's gotten really bad and the public really doesn;t know what going on.  So read everything with a grain of salt and be smarter than everyone else. Be critical.  Don;t just believe because some source, regardless of supposed credentials, tells you they know the "truth".  They have biases too.
You act as if Fox News doesn't exist. They are constantly tooting Trump's horn.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #583 on: October 25, 2019, 01:36:54 pm »

One thing I really don't get is why all those who have been asked to testify either in writing or by subpoena are refusing to do so.  If President Trump is innocent, wouldn't he welcome these folks going on the record.  I just see that two more subpoenas were issued for OMB personnel.  It would also be interesting to hear from the President's lawyer, Rudy Guiliani.  I think when the House moves to the public part of the inquiry all of this is going to reflect very poorly on the President.

faberryman

« Reply #584 on: October 25, 2019, 01:39:44 pm »

PS  When are you guys going to stop assuming I base everything I say on what Fox says?  Do you think I spend all my time watching that stuff.  Actually I watch CNN and MSNBC more to find out what the "enemy" thinks. :) Do I accuse you of saying everything from what you heard from CNN or MSNBC?  It's just a typical left way of trying to make people look stupid and uniformed.  You should know me by now that I'm far from stupid or uninformed and don;t need Fox to to learn things and draw my own conclusions about things.
And yet you always toe the Fox News line. And refer to CNN and MSNBC as the enemy.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 02:29:54 pm by faberryman »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #585 on: October 25, 2019, 02:12:38 pm »

One thing I really don't get is why all those who have been asked to testify either in writing or by subpoena are refusing to do so.  If President Trump is innocent, wouldn't he welcome these folks going on the record.  I just see that two more subpoenas were issued for OMB personnel.  It would also be interesting to hear from the President's lawyer, Rudy Guiliani.  I think when the House moves to the public part of the inquiry all of this is going to reflect very poorly on the President.

When the opposition has been trying to get you before you even were sworn in and is now selectively leaking testimony to support their narrative, why fuel the fire? 

This whole thing is going to come down to Guillani.  Was Trump investigating Ukraine to get information to use against his rivals in the 2020 election, or was he continuing to investigate the 2016 election interference in an attempt to clear his name of any wrong doing since many in the media still think he was guilty of something. 

Personally, it is looking like the latter and that Guillani was getting bad information from nefarious actors, which he was relaying to the White House. 

For what it is worth, the more I hear from Guillani, the more I wonder how he took down the mob and ran NYC with little issues.  What the hell happened to him? 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 03:49:40 pm by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

faberryman

« Reply #586 on: October 25, 2019, 02:17:31 pm »

For what it is worth, the more I hear from Guillani, the more I wonder how he took down the mob and ran NYC with little issues.  What the hell happened to him?
He fell within Trump's orbit.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #587 on: October 25, 2019, 03:20:43 pm »

that was two wives and a lot of alimony ago.  Once he left office he took any job that was willing to pay big money.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #588 on: October 25, 2019, 03:30:40 pm »

You act as if Fox News doesn't exist. They are constantly tooting Trump's horn.
Do non-Americans actually watch Fox?  It must be very few people.  Most of the news people get from here are bylines in your regular press.  So that press is regurgitating American liberal press from the NY TImes or Washington Post or one of the major broadcast TV stations, ABC, NBC or CBS.  I doubt if 1% watch Fox. 

Peter McLennan

« Reply #589 on: October 25, 2019, 03:32:40 pm »

Do I accuse you of saying everything from what you heard from CNN or MSNBC?

No.  You accuse us of saying everything we heard from "Mainstream Media".  ie, everybody else except Fox, Breitbart and a few outlier blogs prone to clickbait.

It's just a typical left way of trying to make people look stupid and uniformed.

We certainly don't quote MSM to "make people look stupid and uninformed".  We quote them because they're the vast majority.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #590 on: October 25, 2019, 03:32:59 pm »

Would you testify in a Soviet trial?  This is a Star Chamber investigation where the judges and jury are out to get a conviction no matter what.  No lawyer would let their client testify under such circumstances unless they were forced too. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #591 on: October 25, 2019, 03:37:10 pm »

When the opposition has been trying to get you before you even were sworn in and is now selectively leaking testimony to support their narrative, why fuel the fire? 

This whole thing is going to come down to Guillani.  Was Trump investigating Ukraine to get information to use against his rivals in the 2020 election, or was he continuing to investigate the 2016 election interference is an attempt to clear his name of any wrong doing since many in the media still think he was guilty of something. 

Personally, it is looking like the latter and that Guillani was getting bad information from nefarious actors, which he was relaying to the White House. 

He had major issues with NYC.  He was always under fire from minorities especially for his policing policies.  Of course it brought down the crime rate a lot so he got credit for that.  9-11 gave him big approval to for his action then, calmness, etc. 

Peter McLennan

« Reply #592 on: October 25, 2019, 03:39:35 pm »

What fire?

If what he says is true, ("no collusion, no quid pro pro", etc.) you'd think Trump would want to encourage everyone in his orbit to testify to that truth.  In other words pour cold water on the fire. 
Instead, by forbidding testimony, he's fanning the fire and applying accelerant.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #593 on: October 25, 2019, 03:43:27 pm »

Laying all this on Giuliani, ain't gonna work.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #594 on: October 25, 2019, 04:26:20 pm »

Would you testify in a Soviet trial?  This is a Star Chamber investigation where the judges and jury are out to get a conviction no matter what.  No lawyer would let their client testify under such circumstances unless they were forced too.
I take this to mean that you would ignore a Grand Jury summons if one was presented to you and you felt that was a closed session.  I honestly don't know how you can make such statements.  Grand Juries do not try or judge people!!!!  This joint committee is not trying the President or anyone else.  that is the responsibility of the Senate (read the Constitution!).  All that is happening right now is evidence is being gathered.

Subpoena's are meant to mean something.  If we can just choose to ignore them when we see fit, the nation is no longer under the rule of law.  Eventually these claims of immunity and executive privilege will be decided by the courts and not you, the President, or any of his enablers.  I always hate to get repetitious, but there is nothing wrong with the way the House is proceeding.  they are using rules passed when the Republicans were in power and John Boehner was Speaker.  Do you think that what they did was wrong when they used the EXACT same approach to probe what happened in Benghazi.  You also cannot draw any parallels with either the Nixon or Clinton investigations because they had special counsels that did all the grunt work up front.

As I and others have pointed out, Republicans serve on this investigative committee and have the right to question witnesses.  In the end it will come down to how the public process of reviewing these statements and those of public witnesses that are called. 

Peter McLennan

« Reply #595 on: October 25, 2019, 04:36:51 pm »

Aren't there a significant number of Republicans present inside the SCIF?  Also taking part in that "secret trial"?

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #596 on: October 25, 2019, 04:40:53 pm »

Aren't there a significant number of Republicans present inside the SCIF?  Also taking part in that "secret trial"?
I think the count is 47 Republicans from each of the three relevant Committees. 

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #597 on: October 25, 2019, 05:00:30 pm »

The Late Show Comedy with Stephen Colbert is your source of news?

That’s not the point and you know it.

The easy to check fact is that:
1.12 of the Republicabs senators who were protesting against the lack of transparency of hearings they call unconstitutional... were part of these hearings, which is simply crazy
2. The very format and proceedings of these hearings was defined by Republicans 4 years ago... which is even crazier.

It’s as if the passengers of a plane working at Boeing were attacking the airline for using planes made by... Boeing... and for taking off without them although themselves decided to exit the plane before take off.

Even in Belgium, often called the country of surrealism, we’be never gotten close to such absolute non sense Alan.

There is an objective truth and you not liking it isn’t sufficient to make it untrue. Nor is the fact that this truth has been aired by a TV program you don’t like.

The reality is that Republicans themselves are realizing how bad the position of Trump is, the obvious unconstitutional nature of his actions (even without quid pro quo, double so with quid pro quo, whther it’s about Biden or not) and they are taking mire and more desperate course of action.

Cheers,
Bernard
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 05:20:47 pm by BernardLanguillier »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #598 on: October 25, 2019, 05:22:29 pm »

... The easy to check fact is that:
1.12 of the Republicabs senators who were protesting against the lack of transparency of hearings they call unconstitutional... were part of these hearings, which is simply crazy
2. The very format and proceedings of these hearings was defined by Republicans 4 years ago... which is even crazier...

Can you provide a link to those claims, please?

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #599 on: October 25, 2019, 05:32:12 pm »

Can you provide a link to those claims, please?

Do the work Slobodan. You aren’t afraid of the truth are you?

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 196   Go Up