Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 136615 times)

JoeKitchen

Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #560 on: October 24, 2019, 06:38:29 pm »

You don't understand how it works, Joe. Mitch McConnell alone decides which bills get voted on. Not the Republican moderates.

Oh, I know. 

But think about it, a bi-partisanship bill with string support on both sides coming out of the house, McConnell would be forced to bring it to the floor. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

faberryman

« Reply #561 on: October 24, 2019, 06:45:03 pm »

But think about it, a bi-partisanship bill with string support on both sides coming out of the house, McConnell would be forced to bring it to the floor.
Oh, the hypothetical bill that appeals to both moderate Democrats and moderate Republicans, assuming there actually are any.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #562 on: October 24, 2019, 06:58:11 pm »

Oh, the hypothetical bill that appeals to both moderate Democrats and moderate Republicans, assuming there actually are any.

LOL, there are a lot of Dems in Trump districts. 

By the way, why did Prohibition fail?  No compromises.  You want anything to last, compromise is the name of the game, albeit I'll admit many is both parties have forgotten this. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #563 on: October 24, 2019, 10:25:06 pm »

You don't understand how it works, Joe. Mitch McConnell alone decides which bills get voted on. Not the Republican moderates.
Democrat Speaker Pelosi is holding up bills in the House that the Democrats control.  Congressional gridlock.  Just what the people are complaining about.  The Dems would rather discuss impeachment and spend all their time on that while the people's business gets ignored.  Impeachment talk has been going on since around June of 2015, 7 months before Trump was even sworn into office.  The only piece of important legislation that got passed was the Republican tax cut and jobs bill.  And that required the House to be Republican before its switched hands to the Dems in 2018 because every Democrat voted against it in both the Senate and the House. 

...doing the People's business.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #564 on: October 24, 2019, 10:36:43 pm »

As with a couple of other posters here, you are going to soon enter my 'no-read' zone.  Your statement about Congressman Gowdy is just silly given his prominence in past inquiries.  Gowdy led the House appointed committee that investigated Secretary Clinton and was also seriously considered as a lawyer to help President Trump negotiate the current impeachment difficulties.  If you so desire you can read more about Gowdy and how the President's crew botched the attempt to hire him:  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/13/us/politics/trey-gowdy-trump-impeachment.html  The President is not being indicted in a secret hearing in a soundproof room.  The three Congressional Committees are collecting evidence the same way a Grand Jury does.  Indictment only takes place with an impeachment vote and the trial is the conducted with the Senate sitting as the jury.  this is all pretty much Civics 101. 

Your statement about independents is important and Nate Silver's poll aggregation shows public opinion for impeachment climbing by 14 points over the past month getting close to the 50% point:  https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/impeachment-polls/  Of course you are free to disbelieve data as you see fit.
Oh please.  The only people who heard of Trey Gowdy, a Republican ex-congressman from some state in the US, not sure which,  are me, you, his wife and mother.   Maybe 1 person in a thousand could pick him out of a police lineup.  He would be better off robbing banks.  He'd never get caught.  No one would remember his face.   In any case, impeaching the president is not like indicting a bank robber in a Grand Jury.  We're talking about the president of the US.  The process should be open so people don't feel it's all a political witch hunt, a star chamber.
https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/820/star-chamber

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #565 on: October 24, 2019, 10:47:08 pm »

The screw turns.  What goes around comes around.

U.S. Justice Dept. review of origins of Russia probe now a criminal investigation
Barr appointed Connecticut State Attorney John Durham to lead the review of whether U.S. intelligence and law enforcement agencies acted properly when they examined possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia, which ultimately led to the Mueller investigation.
https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?action=post2;board=33

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #566 on: October 25, 2019, 02:47:38 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACJFDczhGfk&t=203s

This is getting even more hilarious everyday... 12 of the republicans who protested against the Congress secrets hearing's lack of transparency... were part of the 47 Republicans attending the hearing!!! :)

And the rules they are calling unconstitutional were proposed by a Republican senator 3 years ago...

Really good stuff!

Cheers,
Bernard

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #567 on: October 25, 2019, 07:43:54 am »

Democrat Speaker Pelosi is holding up bills in the House that the Democrats control.  Congressional gridlock.  Just what the people are complaining about.  The Dems would rather discuss impeachment and spend all their time on that while the people's business gets ignored.  Impeachment talk has been going on since around June of 2015, 7 months before Trump was even sworn into office.  The only piece of important legislation that got passed was the Republican tax cut and jobs bill.  And that required the House to be Republican before its switched hands to the Dems in 2018 because every Democrat voted against it in both the Senate and the House. 

...doing the People's business.
What legislation is Speaker Pelosi holding up?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #568 on: October 25, 2019, 08:44:40 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACJFDczhGfk&t=203s

This is getting even more hilarious everyday... 12 of the republicans who protested against the Congress secrets hearing's lack of transparency... were part of the 47 Republicans attending the hearing!!! :)

And the rules they are calling unconstitutional were proposed by a Republican senator 3 years ago...

Really good stuff!

Cheers,
Bernard

The Late Show Comedy with Stephen Colbert is your source of news?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #569 on: October 25, 2019, 08:47:58 am »

What legislation is Speaker Pelosi holding up?
For one, the new North American Trade Deal with Canada and Mexico.  She'll never agree to have it signed off before the election as it may make Trump look good.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #570 on: October 25, 2019, 09:02:40 am »

We have a problem of reliable sources of news that everybody ( Left +right) acknowledges.
let try this source...  is this a source of news everybody can live with as being most probably true?

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/10/trumps-error-filled-cabinet-meeting/

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #571 on: October 25, 2019, 09:32:14 am »

Why not? It's more accurate than Fox.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #572 on: October 25, 2019, 10:00:03 am »

Why not? It's more accurate than Fox.
I never found Colbert funny.  He should change his profession and get a job with CNN or MSNBC.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #573 on: October 25, 2019, 10:19:39 am »

We have a problem of reliable sources of news that everybody ( Left +right) acknowledges.
let try this source...  is this a source of news everybody can live with as being most probably true?

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/10/trumps-error-filled-cabinet-meeting/

No.  I just checked their main page and 7 or 8 of 9 reviews picked out negative things about Trump.  That alone tells me they're biased.    They couldn't find anything the Democrats are saying that are false?  How about Pelosi or Schiff who never lived a day when they didn't lie. 
https://www.factcheck.org/the-factcheck-wire/

In any case, you have to look at multiple sources to weed out the truth.  And often you still can't.  If you're not in America, you probably will get 100% of news that's anti-Trump because the outlets that provide that news and bylines like the NY TImes and the Washington Post both hate Trump.  I found Reuters more balanced.  They were suggested to me by Bart, and he was right on the one, mainly.  :)    So all the news you read is biased against Trump and all have a strong liberal, left wing slant.  Period. You really don;t know what's going on in America.  Most Americans don't either because most people here too read or see only biased news.  A free press is suppose to serve the people, not the leaders.  Unfortunately, media has decided to take sides politically.  That's not exactly new.  But it's gotten really bad and the public really doesn;t know what going on.  So read everything with a grain of salt and be smarter than everyone else. Be critical.  Don;t just believe because some source, regardless of supposed credentials, tells you they know the "truth".  They have biases too.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #574 on: October 25, 2019, 10:36:46 am »

No.  I just checked their main page and 7 or 8 of 9 reviews picked out negative things about Trump.  That alone tells me they're biased.    They couldn't find anything the Democrats are saying that are false?  How about Pelosi or Schiff who never lived a day when they didn't lie. 
https://www.factcheck.org/the-factcheck-wire/

In any case, you have to look at multiple sources to weed out the truth.  And often you still can't.  If you're not in America, you probably will get 100% of news that's anti-Trump because the outlets that provide that news and bylines like the NY TImes and the Washington Post both hate Trump.  I found Reuters more balanced.  They were suggested to me by Bart, and he was right on the one, mainly.  :)    So all the news you read is biased against Trump and all have a strong liberal, left wing slant.  Period. You really don;t know what's going on in America.  Most Americans don't either because most people here too read or see only biased news.  A free press is suppose to serve the people, not the leaders.  Unfortunately, media has decided to take sides politically.  That's not exactly new.  But it's gotten really bad and the public really doesn;t know what going on.  So read everything with a grain of salt and be smarter than everyone else. Be critical.  Don;t just believe because some source, regardless of supposed credentials, tells you they know the "truth".  They have biases too.

You seem to forget that mr Trump is the president of the US.
Of course is everything what he says of such importance that it is checked.
Problem is, that a lot of his statements are simply not true; hence the attention. It is not anti Trump. He gets the attention he askes for as being President and producing false statements...all the time.
Anyway- if you don't like the reality just hide you head in the sand; you are the perfect Trump supporter, Alan, whatever he does, so be it.
There are some good thing to tell about Trump the way i see it: He did not start any foolish war yet; as did Bush JR. He started a discussion about the role of China in the world.
(this is my personal view and no fact...)

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Peter McLennan

« Reply #575 on: October 25, 2019, 11:01:11 am »

It reliably makes me laugh.  And nowadays, that's a good thing.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #576 on: October 25, 2019, 11:14:48 am »

It used to be a comedy show. It has turned more into a reality news show. Reality has become surreal.
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #577 on: October 25, 2019, 11:28:35 am »

For one, the new North American Trade Deal with Canada and Mexico.  She'll never agree to have it signed off before the election as it may make Trump look good.
That must be the FOX news meme.  Negotiations are nearing conclusion to stop the outsourcing of US jobs that took place under the old NAFTA and of course this is one of President Trump's major goals as well.  he campaigned on this quite vociferously.  There is also a major give away to my former industry that needs to be dealt with.  Congress serves to advise and consent on treaties.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #578 on: October 25, 2019, 11:31:51 am »

No, I get my news from John Oliver's 'Last Week Tonight' show.  It's highly reliable and without it I would not understand the conspiracy surrounding Jeffery Epstein's strange 'suicide.'

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #579 on: October 25, 2019, 11:55:34 am »

You seem to forget that mr Trump is the president of the US.
Of course is everything what he says of such importance that it is checked.
Problem is, that a lot of his statements are simply not true; hence the attention. It is not anti Trump. He gets the attention he askes for as being President and producing false statements...all the time.
Anyway- if you don't like the reality just hide you head in the sand; you are the perfect Trump supporter, Alan, whatever he does, so be it.
There are some good thing to tell about Trump the way i see it: He did not start any foolish war yet; as did Bush JR. He started a discussion about the role of China in the world.
(this is my personal view and no fact...)

But news is biased if it's only checked on one side even assuming the checker is truthfully reporting the truth.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 196   Go Up