Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 136595 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #380 on: October 19, 2019, 02:33:43 pm »

You don't strike me as an expert on the black vote. Blacks are going to overwhelmingly vote for the Democrat candidate regardless of who it is. The only question is how many turn out. I don't think the Clintons endorsing the Democratic candidate, which they surely will, will make the slightest difference in that regard.  The election will be close enough that it will turn on how many idiots vote for the third party candidates instead of the Democrat, just as in 2016. The second choice of the people that voted for Jill Stein was not Trump.
So if the Clintons campaign hard and get more Blacks to turn out for the Democrat, all the third party candidate votes won't matter.  I wouldn't apply for a campaign advisor job if I were you. 

faberryman

« Reply #381 on: October 19, 2019, 02:40:34 pm »

So if the Clintons campaign hard and get more Blacks to turn out for the Democrat, all the third party candidate votes won't matter.  I wouldn't apply for a campaign advisor job if I were you.
If, If, If. I don't think the Clintons will campaign hard for the Democratic candidate. Endorse - yes; campaign hard - no. They have lost all currency.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 02:43:54 pm by faberryman »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #382 on: October 19, 2019, 03:05:09 pm »

The more Democrat impeachment Congressmen investigate Trump and Ukraine, the more they hurt their own candidate Joe Biden.   So now,  a career State Dept official tells Congress he warned the Obama Administration that Biden's dealing with Ukraine while his son gets a job there seems like a conflict of interest.  Biden's advisors ignored the advice.  Warren must be rolling on the floor laughing. Meanwhile, it makes Trump look like he was doing his job asking Ukraine to start the investigation again and at the same time getting rid of Biden as his main adversary for 2020, a double win.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/18/us/politics/hunter-biden-ukraine.html

faberryman

« Reply #383 on: October 19, 2019, 03:20:26 pm »

The more Democrat impeachment Congressmen investigate Trump and Ukraine, the more they hurt their own candidate Joe Biden.   So now,  a career State Dept official tells Congress he warned the Obama Administration that Biden's dealing with Ukraine while his son gets a job there seems like a conflict of interest.  Biden's advisors ignored the advice.  Warren must be rolling on the floor laughing. Meanwhile, it makes Trump look like he was doing his job asking Ukraine to start the investigation again and at the same time getting rid of Biden as his main adversary for 2020, a double win.
Can you describe this conflict of interest? Factually, Hunter Biden sat on the Board of Directors of a Ukrainian company while his father was Vice President. Do you have something more than that? Or just Giuliani's conspiracy theories? Meanwhile, Trump has chosen his own Doral Golf Course and Resort as the site of the next G7 summit.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 03:36:45 pm by faberryman »

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #384 on: October 19, 2019, 03:25:58 pm »

Hillary Clinton goes off the rails calling fellow Democrat and presidential candidate Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard a "stooge" of the Russians.

Actually, it is quite plausible that Russian intelligence operatives would be using the social media resources they control to whip up populast support for Congresswoman Gabbard—or any other would-be candidate, Republican or Democrat, with isolationist views.  Vladimir Putin is an equal-opportunity disrupter.  "Stooge" sounds like overreach, however; it implies Gabbard is knowingly exploiting whatever Russian support she may be receiving.

Chris Kern

« Reply #385 on: October 19, 2019, 03:43:28 pm »

Can you describe this conflict of interest? Factually, Hunter Biden sat on the Board of Directors of a Ukrainian compan while his father was Vice President. Do you have something more than that?

Technically, for there to have been a conflict of interest, it would have been necessary for Biden-père to have had a personal financial stake in the income that Biden-fils was receiving in Ukraine.  What the State Department officer reportedly argued was that Hunter Biden’s position "could look like a conflict of interest," and that it would complicate U.S. government efforts to encourage the Ukrainian government to deal with corruption.  There was clearly no crime and perhaps no violation of federal ethics rules, but he certainly was justified in raising the issue.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #386 on: October 19, 2019, 04:08:27 pm »

Can you describe this conflict of interest? Factually, Hunter Biden sat on the Board of Directors of a Ukrainian company while his father was Vice President. Do you have something more than that? Or just Giuliani's conspiracy theories? Meanwhile, Trump has chosen his own Doral Golf Course and Resort as the site of the next G7 summit.
I didn't call it a conflict of interest.  It was the linked article where a chief Department of State official in the Obama administration called it that.  The official warned the administration and Biden officials of the problem.  They chose to do nothing about it.   

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #387 on: October 19, 2019, 04:12:39 pm »

Technically, for there to have been a conflict of interest, it would have been necessary for Biden-père to have had a personal financial stake in the income that Biden-fils was receiving in Ukraine.  What the State Department officer reportedly argued was that Hunter Biden’s position "could look like a conflict of interest," and that it would complicate U.S. government efforts to encourage the Ukrainian government to deal with corruption.  There was clearly no crime and perhaps no violation of federal ethics rules, but he certainly was justified in raising the issue.
But Biden can't complain about Trump's kids conflicts either.  So suddenly, Trump and Biden look the same.  The appearance is what counts in both cases.  So it weakens Democrat's position in the upcoming election that Trump is corrupt when Biden did the same thing as VP.  Of course, Biden is now toast.  And the Democrats are burying him deeper every time they raise an impeachment claim regarding Ukraine.  It's poetic justice.  :)

faberryman

« Reply #388 on: October 19, 2019, 04:21:13 pm »

But Biden can't complain about Trump's kids conflicts either.

I didn't know he was.

So suddenly, Trump and Biden look the same.

No they don't.

The appearance is what counts in both cases.  So it weakens Democrat's position in the upcoming election that Trump is corrupt when Biden did the same thing as VP.

How is Biden corrupt? What is it that Biden did that was the same as Trump?

Of course, Biden is now toast.  And the Democrats are burying him deeper every time they raise an impeachment claim regarding Ukraine.

Not really.

It's poetic justice.  :)

Only in la-la land. The primary concerns about Biden are his age and mental fitness, and perhaps he is not progressive enough. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 04:41:04 pm by faberryman »

Chris Kern

« Reply #389 on: October 19, 2019, 04:37:51 pm »

The appearance is what counts in both cases.  So it weakens Democrat's position in the upcoming election that Trump is corrupt

Trump never divested himself from his business interests by placing them in a blind trust, and some of them (for example, the hotel in the Old Post Office Building in Washington and several of the resort properties) clearly are profiting from his being in public office.  That is an actual conflict of interest, not the appearance of a conflict.

I actually see some logic in Trump's decision not to divest.  Given the sprawling nature of his family business and the fact that it involves the ownership or brand-management of many real estate properties, placing all the assets under the control of independent trustees would have been complicated and, unless the trustees sold off the real estate, an ineffective way to insulate him from continuing to personally profit from the patronage of the properties by individuals or groups seeking favorable treatment from his Administration.  But that in no way alters the reality that he has a conflict of interest.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #390 on: October 19, 2019, 07:27:18 pm »

Taking the MAGA slogan one step further, Dr. Caroline Trapp, DNP, ANP-BC, CDE, FAANP, DipACLM, the director of diabetes education & care at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine advocates fiber rich diet and says:
Let's Make America Go Again
at the end of this video
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/highlights-from-the-2020-dietary-guidelines-hearing/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #391 on: October 19, 2019, 08:43:55 pm »

I didn't know he was.

No they don't.

How is Biden corrupt? What is it that Biden did that was the same as Trump?

Not really.

Only in la-la land. The primary concerns about Biden are his age and mental fitness, and perhaps he is not progressive enough. 

He's smart enough to get his kid a good job.  :)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #392 on: October 19, 2019, 08:55:38 pm »

Trump never divested himself from his business interests by placing them in a blind trust, and some of them (for example, the hotel in the Old Post Office Building in Washington and several of the resort properties) clearly are profiting from his being in public office.  That is an actual conflict of interest, not the appearance of a conflict.

I actually see some logic in Trump's decision not to divest.  Given the sprawling nature of his family business and the fact that it involves the ownership or brand-management of many real estate properties, placing all the assets under the control of independent trustees would have been complicated and, unless the trustees sold off the real estate, an ineffective way to insulate him from continuing to personally profit from the patronage of the properties by individuals or groups seeking favorable treatment from his Administration.  But that in no way alters the reality that he has a conflict of interest.

You're right there is an appearance of conflict of interest.  But what should the country do with rich people who own properties and biusinesses around the world who want to be president?  Should they be forced to sell everything they own? It would be a fire sale and they'd never be able to do it without going bankrupt.  No president is asked to give up his livelihood.  It would be unfair to do that to any American.  Even if you force him to sell if he becomes president, he will be accused of selling things for higher then they're worth as people pay more looking for favors from him.  So there are really no simple answers. 

Also, if harsh rules were placed on presidents, they would eliminate very smart and capable businessmen who could be fine presidents.  Experienced people who know how to manage and get things done, a valuable asset in a president.  We would eliminate some of the best people for the job.  We'd be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Now Trump has done some insulation.  He's not handling day-to-day operations.  That's what billionaire Mayor Bloomberg did in NYC when he was mayor.  It's not a perfect arrangement.  But it's legal for the president and mayor.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #393 on: October 19, 2019, 09:15:11 pm »

Taking the MAGA slogan one step further, Dr. Caroline Trapp, DNP, ANP-BC, CDE, FAANP, DipACLM, the director of diabetes education & care at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine advocates fiber rich diet and says:
Let's Make America Go Again
at the end of this video
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/highlights-from-the-2020-dietary-guidelines-hearing/
Funny, I just read you post and saw the video after getting back from eating a delicious New York Strip in a restaurant out by the Jersey Shore.  Delish!.  They screwed it up at first by plopping down a wad of cheese butter that I had to immediately sweep off.  The problem with the video and the meeting is that you can see why the general public is so mixed up and confused about what to eat.  Even the experts argue and make their claims of what's good and what's bad.  How does the average guy separate the wheat from the chaff, no pun intended? :)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #394 on: October 19, 2019, 09:36:23 pm »

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's (AOC) endorsement of Sanders signals the death knell for him.  Her  support will be the evil eye to end his candidacy quicker than another heart attack.  Warren can;t believe her good fortune this week what with Biden having to swear he never talks with his son, at least not during a 12 hour flight to China,  and still isn't sure where the Ukraine is anyway, if only someone would just point it out to him on a map.  Now, Warren ends the week with AOC supporting Sanders.  No one's been so lucky since The Lone Ranger met Tonto. 
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/19/771596733/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-says-bernie-sanders-heart-attack-was-a-gut-check-moment

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #395 on: October 20, 2019, 12:04:26 am »

Funny, I just read you post and saw the video after getting back from eating a delicious New York Strip in a restaurant out by the Jersey Shore.  Delish!.  They screwed it up at first by plopping down a wad of cheese butter that I had to immediately sweep off.  The problem with the video and the meeting is that you can see why the general public is so mixed up and confused about what to eat.  Even the experts argue and make their claims of what's good and what's bad.  How does the average guy separate the wheat from the chaff, no pun intended? :)

In my view, that video presented enough evidence about the evils of meat and dairy, but I agree that the information floating around the meat and plant-based food is pretty confusing. And most doctors and nutritionists who should help the consumers, are from the old school and don't have a clue about the findings of new health studies. To answer your question how to separate the wheat from the chaff, one has to be interested in finding the facts, read a lot and be skeptical of "experts" who are financed by the meat and dairy industries.  BTW, the probability of getting Alzheimer is substantially greater for meat eaters than for vegans. Same for quite a few other diseases.

Good source of health information is at https://nutritionfacts.org
Click on Video Library, and then on All videos

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #396 on: October 20, 2019, 12:24:33 am »

In my view, that video presented enough evidence about the evils of meat and dairy, but I agree that the information floating around the meat and plant-based food is pretty confusing. And most doctors and nutritionists who should help the consumers, are from the old school and don't have a clue about the findings of new health studies. To answer your question how to separate the wheat from the chaff, one has to be interested in finding the facts, read a lot and be skeptical of "experts" who are financed by the meat and dairy industries.  BTW, the probability of getting Alzheimer is substantially greater for meat eaters than for vegans. Same for quite a few other diseases.

Good source of health information is at https://nutritionfacts.org
Click on Video Library, and then on All videos

You know, as I get older, I'm finding there are benefits to forgetfulness.  You don't remember why you were angry so you don't hold onto resentments.  That might even help you live longer, although you might not remember what you did during all that extra time.  Tradeoffs.  Tradeoffs.

All kidding aside, I'm a meat eater.  I won;t stop completely as long as I;m still eating with my mouth.  But I try to limit the amount and fat content.  NY Strip and Sirloin are the lowest, so it's good that I like them the most.  Oh.  I did have my greens with my steak tonight although I added French fries a worse no-no per my doctors and nutritionists. The carbs are the worse.  Especially when they're fried.   

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #397 on: October 20, 2019, 12:38:07 am »

All kidding aside, I'm a meat eater.  I won;t stop completely as long as I;m still eating with my mouth.  But I try to limit the amount and fat content.  NY Strip and Sirloin are the lowest, so it's good that I like them the most.  Oh.  I did have my greens with my steak tonight although I added French fries a worse no-no per my doctors and nutritionists. The carbs are the worse.  Especially when they're fried.

There can be more than 50 shades of food, some with more meat than others. I applaud you on reducing your meat intake. And your doctor is right about the danger of French fries. Better to switch to boiled potatoes or even to sweet potatoes.

But back to Trump. He has not ruined just the situation in Middle East, but also the health of the entire football team by ordering 300 hamburgers, pizzas, and french fries for them.

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/donald-trump-mcdonalds-fast-food-white-house-clemson-tigers-156653

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #398 on: October 20, 2019, 01:08:06 am »

There can be more than 50 shades of food, some with more meat than others. I applaud you on reducing your meat intake. And your doctor is right about the danger of French fries. Better to switch to boiled potatoes or even to sweet potatoes.

But back to Trump. He has not ruined just the situation in Middle East, but also the health of the entire football team by ordering 300 hamburgers, pizzas, and french fries for them.

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/donald-trump-mcdonalds-fast-food-white-house-clemson-tigers-156653

You see, he isn't all bad.  :)  And the players must have loved him for it.  Notice the big guy in the second picture.  He has the happy smirk on his face and not one, but two hamburgers on his plate.  And if you haven't noticed in the first picture, Trump even bought load a salad dishes on the big tray on the right.  It looks like no one took any though.  Well, maybe the managers are on a diet.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #399 on: October 20, 2019, 01:09:22 am »

Wait, there are two big trays of salads.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 196   Go Up