Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 136668 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2019, 01:00:23 am »

Bloomberg reports that the stock market has barely moved the last two years under Trump.

Trump loves touting equity gains more than his predecessors, who were usually wary of taking credit for unpredictable returns largely out of anyone’s control. And while the president’s record remains a solid one by historical standards, with the S&P 500 up almost 43% including dividends since his election victory, on a price basis it’s the same return he could’ve claimed in January 2018. Amid uneven economic data and a two-year trade war, the market hasn’t budged since.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-02/the-donald-trump-stock-market-hasn-t-budged-for-almost-two-years

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2019, 01:46:30 am »

My hobby, passion even, is at a stage where nobody cares anymore. When everyone is a photographer, nobody is. I started listing all my gear on eBay.

Slobodan, the other photographers are not quite as good as you.

Bulbe

« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2019, 02:50:30 am »

There will be no impeachment, it is natural, this was utter nonsense from the very beginning.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2019, 06:57:22 am »

Bart, I'm sure your "media" is telling you this crap, but as the Duke said: "If you believe that, you will believe anything. Check the statistics. Ignore the opinions.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

jeremyrh

« Reply #104 on: October 03, 2019, 06:59:29 am »

Bart, I'm sure your "media" is telling you this crap, but as the Duke said: "If you believe that, you will believe anything. Check the statistics. Ignore the opinions.

I hear there are even people dumb enough to believe what they see on Fox.

RSL

« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2019, 07:46:19 am »

Trump's approval has jumped to a 2019 high as a result of the impeachment kabuki performance, and millions are rolling in to finance his campaign.

jeremyrh

« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2019, 07:49:19 am »

Trump's approval has jumped to a 2019 high as a result of the impeachment kabuki performance, and millions are rolling in to finance his campaign.

Thanks for bringing attention back to the real issue. For a moment we were in danger of thinking it was about the president breaking the law :-(

RSL

« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2019, 08:36:05 am »

I'm sure you were "in danger" of thinking that, Jeremy. As usual, The media on both sides of the Atlantic are going out of their way to make everyone believe Trump's breaking the law, and as Barnum pointed out, "There's s sucker born every minute." So far, we've seen a lot of bad judgement on Trump's part, but nobody's been able to come up with an actual law he's broken. Every time they come up with what they think is a law he's broken, it turns out that "law" was broken by Obama over and over, and it turns out it isn't a "law" at all.

jeremyrh

« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2019, 09:10:24 am »

RSL

« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2019, 09:19:59 am »

Now that's what I like to see. The throwing of hands in the air, widely spaced.

RSL

« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2019, 10:03:54 am »

. . .the country is in many ways worse off than before he took office.

Bart, I was in a hurry this morning, so I went back over your outburst a second time. Give me some examples of these "many ways." You're putting forth opinions without support. With the charts, at least you were attempting to support your opinions. Of course the charts were based on biased guesses and BS, but at least it was an attempt.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2019, 10:17:08 am »

I hear there are even people dumb enough to believe what they see on Fox.
Actually, I watch what you watch - MSNBC and CNN.  Then I figure the truth is everything opposite what they say.  :)

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2019, 10:21:38 am »

Actually, I watch what you watch - MSNBC and CNN.  Then I figure the truth is everything opposite what they say.  :)
Based on what?
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2019, 10:28:52 am »

Based on what?
That they hate Trump and provide biased one-sided news.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2019, 10:42:02 am »

Hi Russ,

From my perspective, most of what Trump has done is undo what the previous administration has done. Hardly constructive, and the country is in many ways worse off than before he took office. The international standing of the USA is at a record low, if it were not for those who go against the government's intentions. The only remaining friends (buyers of defense equipment) are folks like Mohammad bin Salman, and they try to let the USA do his dirty work with Iran, and Kim Jong-un, another dictator.

In fact, it's still the Steve Bannon playbook of destroying the cohesion of the nation on many levels, and then take over control. Divide and conquer. But Trump is unfit for that latter part of the strategy. Trump only cares about Trump, the rest is collateral damage to him, which he couldn't care less about. The economy was already picking up during Obama, and despite Trump's policies has not collapsed yet (at the expense of the national deficit). Now he's looking for a Tradewar with Europe (who will return the favor).

Cheers,
Bart
Trump has:
1. Destroyed ISIS territory and made what's left a rump organization helping the whole world including you guys in Europe.  I haven;t heard any thank you's.
2. Challenged China with trade war to get them to stop stealing intellectual property from us and you.  If we get get them to stop, you will gain a lot of advantages as we do as they'll stop stealing your stuff too.  You're welcome.  By the way, as usual it's America who's taking the economic hit mainly with tariffs while you guys sit back and let us do all the dirty work.
3. He sat down with Kim and stopped them  from testing ICBMs and nuclear weapons.  Not a bad start.  So there's still peace on the Korean peninsula.  What have you guys done there to keep the peace?
4. Spearheaded new tax regulation that have increase capital investment and helped the American economy.
5.  Created the lowest unemployment rate ever for minorities,  The best in 70 years for everyone else.
6.  Stock market at the highest ever.
7. Re-vamped NAFTA trade for better deals for America with Canada and Mexico.  Europe is next.  Of course, you might not like what he does.  But he's our president protecting us, not you.  I'm sure you understand.  Well, maybe you don't.  After Obama, everyone in the world thought our presidents worked for them. 
8. Challenged China territory grab in the South China Sea to keep the world free from their heavy hand.  Lately British, Australian and other navies have joined in to help out.  That's appreciated.  After all, it's your ocean as well.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 10:47:58 am by Alan Klein »

jeremyrh

« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2019, 10:53:17 am »

"5.  Created the lowest unemployment rate ever for minorities,  The best in 70 years for everyone else"

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2019, 11:03:30 am »

"5.  Created the lowest unemployment rate ever for minorities,  The best in 70 years for everyone else"

Presidents get credit or blame for what's going on during their term.  In any case, all economists give Trump credit for a good economy although many don't like his trade policies.  By the way, you only flagged item 5.  Thanks for  agreeing with all the others that he did a great job on.  That's appreciated. 

jeremyrh

« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2019, 11:06:38 am »

Presidents get credit or blame for what's going on during their term.  In any case, all economists give Trump credit for a good economy although many don't like his trade policies.  By the way, you only flagged item 5.  Thanks for  agreeing with all the others that he did a great job on.  That's appreciated.

That's "Alan logic" in a nutshell.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2019, 11:17:27 am »

Have they?
Yes, Democrat leaders have called for Trump to be put in solitary confinement.

"Democratic Congresswoman Maxine Waters over her recent twitter attack on Donald Trump. In a tweet on Tuesday, Waters said impeachment wasn't enough for the president, adding: "He needs to be imprisoned and put in solitary confinement."
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/10/03/anderson-cooper-presses-maxine-waters-on-controversial-trump-tweet/23825879/

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2019, 11:18:35 am »

That's "Alan logic" in a nutshell.
You only objected with #5.  So the others are true unless you don't agree.  I'm listening.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 196   Go Up