Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 196   Go Down

Author Topic: Impeaching Donald Trump  (Read 136577 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Impeaching Donald Trump
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2019, 05:06:42 pm »

We should combine this thread with previous Russian Conspiracy threads into a single one: "Failed Democrats' Attempts at Soft Coup d'Etat."

And maybe there is also a link to Marilyn Monroe's death.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2019, 05:16:37 pm »

And maybe there is also a link to Marilyn Monroe....

That would be a thread titled: "Democrat's Successful Attempt at Coup de Bra." ;)

Rob C

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2019, 05:05:40 am »

That would be a thread titled: "Democrat's Successful Attempt at Coup de Bra." ;)

Slobodan, you have too much spare time on your hands; get a hobby!

;-)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2019, 10:04:54 am »

Slobodan, you have too much spare time on your hands; get a hobby!

My hobby, passion even, is at a stage where nobody cares anymore. When everyone is a photographer, nobody is. I started listing all my gear on eBay.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2019, 10:55:48 am »

My hobby, passion even, is at a stage where nobody cares anymore. When everyone is a photographer, nobody is. I started listing all my gear on eBay.
Give it away.  No, not the equipment, the prints.  Pick your best.  Blow them up and frame them beautifully.  Then give them to friends and family as gifts.  Portraits of family especially, but landscapes too.  They'll love you for it.  Then every time you're over their house there will be your work hanging in their homes being appreciated every day by the people you admire and love.  What can be better than that?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2019, 11:05:50 am »

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2019/september/30/impeachment-or-cia-coup/

A political coup d'etat.  The deep state at work trying to destroy a presidency to advance themselves.  First the phoney "collusion".  Now the phone call. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2019, 11:19:53 am »

It is really pretty simple. Trump asked the president of a foreign country to work with his personal attorney and the attorney general to dig up dirt on a political rival. You can argue about whether there was a quid pro quo for military aid, but a quid pro quo is not necessary. The ask, by itself, constitutes abhorrent behavior.

Although this may be true, it does not rise to the level of "high crimes and misdemeanors."  If you disagree, please state the criminal code which he violated. 

Anyway, Newt Gingrich had an interesting discussion on this whole thing last wee.  Essentially he stated that Pelosi can either risk looking stupid and talke about impeachment, or risk looking scary and talk about the policies the candidates are pushing (open borders, completely getting rid of private healthcare, giving free healthcare to illegal aliens, the green new deal, etc.). 

Looking stupid is probably the better path.  Those policies are sure to loose them elections. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2019, 11:21:28 am »

Then Biden who used his office as Vice President and asked Ukraine to drop the investigation of his son is also guilty of abhorrent behavior.  But not impeachable.  We should use elections to remove presidents.

On the other hand, you know that Biden's competition including Harris, Warren, Sanders,  and the other Democrat candidates are thinking how they can stick it to Biden without being attacked.

Most of the canidates have already come out and said they would not allow their child to work for a foreign company.  Not sure how you prevent this though, since, they presumably, would be over 18 and can do what they want. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2019, 11:30:44 am »

Most of the canidates have already come out and said they would not allow their child to work for a foreign company.  Not sure how you prevent this though, since, they presumably, would be over 18 and can do what they want. 

You recuse yourself then.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2019, 11:34:42 am »

I think Bill Maher put this whole thing best.  At the end of the day, 40% will be on either side and it is the 20% in the middle you need to convince.  Will they be more worried about what Trump said on a phone call or more worried about their phone bill and whether congress has done anything to help? 

Since politicians cant walk and chew gum at the same time, this whole "impeachment thing" (no vote has been held yet, so it is not really an inquiry) will ensure nothing gets done, just like the last two years.  And it is directly the Dems' fault.

I strongly believe that this will go nowhere and those 20% swing voters will be more annoyed at the Dems then Trump for not doing anything.  So, those Dems in vulnerable districts will get voted out and the house will go back to the Republicans. 

Additionally, this all but ruins Bidens chances at winning, which mean Warren will get it, and then Romney's late 2016 prediction will come true.  That being that the Dems response to Trump winning will be to vote for someone so far to the left in 2020, like Warren, she will be un-relatable to the majority of the country and Trump will win a 2nd term. 

Pelosi deep down probably knows this to be true and the longer she can keep Warren's policies out of the news cycle the better.  But it will probably be a failing strategy; eventually people are going to start looking at the policies, especially in the swing states.  No body is really going to care about a phone call. 

Peter McLennan

« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2019, 12:36:58 pm »

No body is really going to care about a phone call.

Because, hey. "It's nothing personal.  It's just business."

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2019, 12:53:44 pm »

Although this may be true, it does not rise to the level of "high crimes and misdemeanors."  If you disagree, please state the criminal code which he violated. 

Anyway, Newt Gingrich had an interesting discussion on this whole thing last wee.  Essentially he stated that Pelosi can either risk looking stupid and talke about impeachment, or risk looking scary and talk about the policies the candidates are pushing (open borders, completely getting rid of private healthcare, giving free healthcare to illegal aliens, the green new deal, etc.). 

Looking stupid is probably the better path.  Those policies are sure to loose them elections. 
The whole thing about impeachment is that the Dems want to keep the discussion going until the election.  They really don't care about actually impeaching him.   Then they will make Trump the issue for the campaign not their policies. That worked well for them in 2018. 

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2019, 12:54:56 pm »

Since politicians cant walk and chew gum at the same time, this whole "impeachment thing" (no vote has been held yet, so it is not really an inquiry) will ensure nothing gets done, just like the last two years.  And it is directly the Dems' fault.

Well, Trump played a part too, I'd say.  :)
--
Robert

JoeKitchen

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2019, 02:04:24 pm »

Well, Trump played a part too, I'd say.  :)

But at least he has gotten stuff done.  The economy is doing very well, someone has finally taken China to task, the judiciary is completely changed, new tax policy (which contrary to Liberals has helped every one, including myself), etc. 

The only thing the Dems have done policy wise is colossally screw up and capitulated to the Senate with the border bill because they refused to address the issue until the last minute.  If they had taken it for what it was when it started, they probably would have gotten something out of it.  A total loss for them and a win/win for the Republicans. 

So yes, the Dems have squandered their time.  Even Governor Cuomo agrees this impeachment will be a waste of time and a distraction. 

JoeKitchen

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2019, 02:26:05 pm »

You recuse yourself then.

Actually I mis-quoted, they said they would not allow their VP's children from working at a major foreign company. 

Oh what a lovely out that statement gets them. 

Rob C

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2019, 02:57:38 pm »

I hope you are joking.

You do photography extremely well; don't betray your talent. Or at the very least, decide on the body and single lens you find give you most joy and keep them.

There is always tomorow. Photography has saved my sanity these past (almost) eleven years.

I have seldom been more serious than in my writing of this.

Rob

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2019, 03:20:07 pm »

I'm with Rob on this one, Slobodan. You're a damn good photographer. That has nothing to do with the throngs of people who are snapping away with their cellphones. When I hear somebody say something like this I always flash on the Impressionist exhibition in Paris in 1874, and the vast quantity of artworks in the Salon, few if any of which anyone could identify today, while the Impressionists banished to Nadar's studio brought on a whole new world of art. The quantity of crap out there has absolutely nothing to do with your own talent. I'm also with Rob when he says that photography has saved his sanity. It's saved mine too, if I ever had such a thing. Leaving my mountains for good was a shock, but I can keep on shooting, and that makes life worthwhile. Get your ass out there and make some photographs.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

faberryman

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2019, 04:13:16 pm »

Three House Committees today subpoenaed Rudy Giuliani to produce Ukraine related documents. This follows up a subpoena to Mike Pompeo on Friday. Speaking of Mike Pompeo, it turns out he was on the call between Trump and the President of Ukraine.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 05:29:12 pm by faberryman »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2019, 10:38:52 pm »

And now something totally unrelated:

Golfing in the Hamptons with Devon Archer, who served on the board of the Ukrainian natural gas company Burisma Holdings with Hunter.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 196   Go Up