Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Josh - Why can't we download videos anymore?  (Read 9850 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Josh - Why can't we download videos anymore?
« on: September 26, 2019, 04:37:58 pm »

Josh,

Not so long ago, this site made any of the videos shown on the opening page, available to be downloaded for paying members, of which I am obviously one and have been since the first day your dad began charging to access this site. Yet now this option has been removed, why?

I only request this option, because I live out in the sticks and do not have a modern "Smart" TV and so if I want to watch any videos from the internet sat comfortably on my sofa with a G&T, I have to download them first and then put them onto a memory stick, which my TV does have a socket for.

So as I say, I thought this type of facility was available for your paying members, but now the videos seem to be locked and so when they move down the opening page, they will disappear from view for ever. Or perhaps you could at least upload them to your Youtube Channel, which seems be laying dormant theses days, so that way I would at least know where to find them and who knows, you might even attract more paying customers if you do put these type of short videos somewhere, where the rest of the photographic world can see them.

Thanks in advance for your reply  ;)

Dave
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 04:42:57 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: Josh - Why can't we download videos anymore?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 12:09:24 pm »

I assume the lack of any answer over the last couple of weeks Josh, is the only answer I am going to get for my suggestion  :(

Dave

josh.reichmann

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 01:31:32 pm »

Dave,

I didn’t see your first message it seems. Apologies.
I’ll have Chris look into this. I’m not sure anything has changed. Certainly not intentionally. Chris Batt our webmaster will help and see what issue on our end or yours this is.

Thanks. And sorry for any frustration.

Josh

Compassion and wisdom are inextricably linked.

Arlen

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 04:08:55 pm »

Dave, I'm not sure if you have this straightened out yet, but I just took a look at some of the videos and the ones I examined can be downloaded. It's not immediately obvious how to do it though. At the bottom right of each video are some symbols. Click on the "Sharing" symbol, and an option to Download will pop up, followed by a Save As dialog.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 11:31:09 am »

Dave, I'm not sure if you have this straightened out yet, but I just took a look at some of the videos and the ones I examined can be downloaded. It's not immediately obvious how to do it though. At the bottom right of each video are some symbols. Click on the "Sharing" symbol, and an option to Download will pop up, followed by a Save As dialog.

Thanks Josh and Arlen and yes everything is working fine again  ;)

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up