Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Early Autumn Reflections  (Read 1061 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Early Autumn Reflections
« on: September 24, 2019, 12:46:23 pm »

I was standing next to one of my favourite waterfalls just a few days ago, but unfortunately it was also one of those gin clear blue sky days and the light was about as harsh and contrasty as it could possibly be. But then as the day started to draw to a close and the sun started to go down, the sunlight coming in from behind me, started to be shielded by a long line trees also behind me. Yet the trees on the opposite bank of the waterfall, were now starting to glow like they were on fire.

So when I took this shot, I am stood in deep shade but with my light balance set to daylight, hence the blueness of the rock, yet the trees with their early autumn foliage were still being blasted by the direct but warm sunlight and which lasted for about 10 minutes.

Hope you like  ;)

Dave
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:07:08 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

degrub

Re: Early Autumn Reflections
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 12:54:53 pm »

Pure gold !

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 12:59:06 pm »

Pure gold !

Damn it! You beat me to it! :)

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 01:16:36 pm »

Lovely image, Dave, and the title, winsome the older I get. I guess that's why it's called the golden years ;)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 03:27:41 pm »

Thanks guys  ;)

I have just been out again and returned quite literally in the last few minutes, to yet another one of my little hidden away photo locations, to take a few shots of a beautiful little tree that is set within some strangely shaped but nicely photogenic rocks. The leaves while not yet in full autumn bloom on my little tree, are never the less getting really close now, so with a gentle little nudge in PS, it should really bring them out quite nicely. But the real reason I had gone there, other than it being only a 10 minute drive away, was that I could tell there was the possibility of a really good sunset building and was in fact the reason I rushed out with my camera in the first place. Then after shooting the tree which was being nicely backlit and with the jagged peaks of the Cuillins in the background, the sunset finally started to happen behind the tree and what a jaw dropping sunset it turned out to be, so I just kept on shooting and shooting. In fact the sunset turned into something the like of which I have never ever seen before on Skye, or possibly anywhere else I have travelled in the world for that matter. It was like Oh My God, I think I'm having a photogasm  ;D

Anyway, thanks for all your positive comments on the above shot, as it really is appreciated  ;)

Dave
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 03:37:42 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

stevenfr

• Steven Friedman Landscape Photography
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 09:32:18 pm »

Nice image, congrats

thierrylegros396

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 02:24:33 am »

Thanks guys  ;)

I have just been out again and returned quite literally in the last few minutes, to yet another one of my little hidden away photo locations, to take a few shots of a beautiful little tree that is set within some strangely shaped but nicely photogenic rocks. The leaves while not yet in full autumn bloom on my little tree, are never the less getting really close now, so with a gentle little nudge in PS, it should really bring them out quite nicely. But the real reason I had gone there, other than it being only a 10 minute drive away, was that I could tell there was the possibility of a really good sunset building and was in fact the reason I rushed out with my camera in the first place. Then after shooting the tree which was being nicely backlit and with the jagged peaks of the Cuillins in the background, the sunset finally started to happen behind the tree and what a jaw dropping sunset it turned out to be, so I just kept on shooting and shooting. In fact the sunset turned into something the like of which I have never ever seen before on Skye, or possibly anywhere else I have travelled in the world for that matter. It was like Oh My God, I think I'm having a photogasm  ;D

Anyway, thanks for all your positive comments on the above shot, as it really is appreciated  ;)

Dave

Well done, your comment is also very instructive.

Thierry

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 06:19:27 am »

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

guido

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 08:00:50 am »

Well seen Dave! Fine image.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 09:57:31 am »

Fantastic.

degrub

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2019, 01:13:26 pm »

Thanks guys  ;)

You may to thank the recent volcanic eruption in Russia for the purple sunset. It is traveling the globe.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/17/weather/purple-sunrise-volcano-trnd-scn/index.html

https://volcano.si.edu/volcano.cfm?vn=290250&vtab=Weekly#

Dave

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2019, 08:58:18 pm »

Oh My God, I think I'm having a photogasm  ;D
Don't tease me! ;D

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2019, 01:06:37 pm »

Love it! Nicely seen and executed.
-MattB

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2019, 05:08:52 pm »

You may to thank the recent volcanic eruption in Russia for the purple sunset. It is traveling the globe.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/17/weather/purple-sunrise-volcano-trnd-scn/index.html

https://volcano.si.edu/volcano.cfm?vn=290250&vtab=Weekly#

Dave

I didn't know that and yes you could very well be right about the effect on the sunsets, so thanks for that  ;)

Nice image, congrats

Thank you  Steven :)

Well done, your comment is also very instructive.

Thierry

Yes I often want to waffle on about my images and how I took them, although I once got told off for doing this, but hey ho. it's just who I am and so I can't help it and I am so glad you found it instructive Thierry  ;)

Well seen Dave! Fine image.

As always Guido, thank you very much  ;D

Fantastic.

Yes I did a little skip when I spotted this scene starting to happen, although my wife was chatting to me in the background about something or other of major importance, but when I saw this, the world for me went totally silent for me, except for the sound of my own breathing and the voice in my head thinking about just what I needed to do to capture it.

Don't tease me! ;D

Sorry David, but I am not exaggerating ;)

Love it! Nicely seen and executed.

Thank you Matt and I am so glad you like it  :)

Thanks again everyone.

Dave

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2019, 01:56:52 am »

This is fun.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 02:30:46 am »

... thanks for that  ;)

Thank you  Steven :)

... I am so glad you found it instructive Thierry  ;)

As always Guido, thank you very much  ;D

Thank you Matt and I am so glad you like it  :)

Thanks again everyone.

Dave

OMG! Are you taking hints* from Vieri’s playbook now?  ;)

*Saccharine politeness, if you didn’t catch my drift.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 05:00:04 am »

OMG! Are you taking hints* from Vieri’s playbook now?  ;)

*Saccharine politeness, if you didn’t catch my drift.

I wasn't Slobodan honest, because, well let's just say I don't choose to go there anymore after we fell out so spectacularly a couple of years ago, so I am a little mystified as to what you are referring to here, but hey ho nothing wrong with a bit of good old British politeness on occasion is there, especially in these turbulent times that we find ourselves in, where every time I turn the telly on these days, it seems to be nothing but people shouting in each others faces?

And anyway, I thought I had always done this sort of thing since first coming onto this forum about ten years ago, but yes perhaps you are correct and my saccharine politeness as you call it, is also starting to catch on and show up elsewhere, who knows?  :o

So thank you for your wonderful comments Slobododan, as they are always greatly appreciated  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

*and you really don't need to append explanatory notes with any of your comments to me Slobodan, ever, just to make sure that I don't take offence at anything you say and I take it the wrong way, as I will always know you are enjoying a bit of verbal to and fro (banter) and which I also enjoy as well myself, so I will never take offence at anything you ever say to me, because I know you are one of the good guys.

Now is that too saccharine for you, you old grump....?    :P

Dave
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 10:23:45 am by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

Eric Myrvaagnes

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2019, 05:17:53 am »

I, for one, am just waiting for a chance to throw the Saccharine comment back at Slobodan!   :D  :D  :D
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up