Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 24" z3100 front & right cover removal  (Read 293 times)

gfsymon

24" z3100 front & right cover removal
« on: September 18, 2019, 05:17:47 am »

This sounds crazy, but the manual says 'some printers may vary' and shows how to unclip the front-cover on the 44".  However, those 4 clips don't exist on my 24".  I've already broken a plastic clip, that's located when you reach underneath the front-cover and which 'seemed' like it may be the 24" equivalent (white/felt like a 'lever-clip' ... but has probably become more brittle over the years).  I can't find anywhere how to get this thing off and I need to do it first (I think) in order to remove the last screw to get the right-panel off.

Can anyone give me some idiot pointers?

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: 24" z3100 front & right cover removal
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 05:57:33 am »

just be patient and feel where the clips are - you can unclip them one by one...

here a photo of the situation underneath  this is a 44 Inch cover
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Pouln

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 07:40:45 am »

I've a 24" Z3200. I imagine that the clips are exactly the same as on the Z3100.
Mine look like the one Pieter shows in his picture. Mine has just 3 clips.
I just took a picture with the panel in place.

If you look carefully you see the clip that you need to press upwards so that the hook on it unlatches.

OH, and when the clips are unlatched, you need to turn the panel upward over 90 degrees to make it possible to unlatch the top of the click. Don't force that because then you will break the part on the frame of the machine.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 07:45:01 am by Pouln »
Cheers,

Poul

gfsymon

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 03:29:01 am »

Thanks Kers and Poulin for the replies and the pics! :)

That is indeed the exact thing that I have broken.  I pushed up on the part I've circled and it just kind of bent, then broke.

Is the area that I have circled, the area you need to push up on??

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 03:33:33 am »

Thanks Kers and Poulin for the replies and the pics! :)

That is indeed the exact thing that I have broken.  I pushed up on the part I've circled and it just kind of bent, then broke.

Is the area that I have circled, the area you need to push up on??

yes and than pull it a bit when it is loose and move on to the next.
In the end you can lift that part carefully as explained by Poulin up - and pay attention because this is the exact way to put it back on again.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

gfsymon

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 08:41:05 am »

Thanks Kers.

In fact, HP had a clever little trick to confuse me.  The clips that I broke, don't do *anything* at all, but ... the really clever bit, is that they disguised the ones that are in fact used, by colouring them black and putting them in amongst the cleverly confusing black plastic parts at each end of the front cover.  Ha!

However ... after about 20mins of crawling around on the floor, I worked it out.  So in case anyone else tries to do this on a z3100, here's the actual clips that count (+ the one in the middle that you need to have lady fingers to access).

(This has been in pursuit of changing the aerosol fan ... which I'm finally getting round to thanks to help from yourself and others on this thread:
https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=122685.msg1123567#msg1123567)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 09:42:16 am by gfsymon »
Pages: [1]   Go Up