Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GFX100 WIRELESSLY with camranger 2!!  (Read 1297 times)

rastas

GFX100 WIRELESSLY with camranger 2!!
« on: September 15, 2019, 07:20:34 pm »

So excited to report here that I'm now using the gfx100 wirelessly with the camranger 2 and ipad. I've had a preproduction camranger 2 from Dave at Camranger for a while, and after some testing and tweaking and back and forth with feedback, I did my first full blown interior hotel shoot with the camranger 2 and gfx100 today, and can say it worked flawlessly. Almost better than the canon 5dsr/camranger solution.

Nothing clumbsy, no disconnects, no cables to wiggle.... It just works. Period. Fast and with quiet aplomb.

When having the camera save a raw plus jpg, the jpg comes to the ipad in about two seconds. The images auto view, meaning two seconds after shooting an image, it shows on the ipad for review, zoom check, etc. Used liveview for composition. Focus peaking, electronic level, image overlay.... Almost as good as tethering to capture one with a laptop. Used the Canon tilt shift lenses (24mm, 50mm) and the super sharp 32-64.

All we need now is for fuji to make a tilt shift lens.

Thanks Dave at camranger for doing what Fujifilm couldn't do.

I love this camera. I love camranger.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: GFX100 WIRELESSLY with camranger 2!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 05:19:16 am »

Good news!  Thanks for posting.

While I don't have the GFX the CR2 will be offering support for the Sony cameras where I'm presently using the builtin wifi/remote control.  I had to add a repeater though to get better than about 20 feet coverage (now over 100 feet).
Do you know or can you test how far the coverage is for the CR2?

Thanks

Mike

rastas

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 08:47:43 am »

I haven't done long range tests yet, but with he old camranger, which I've used for years (2.4ghz) the range was a good football field almost....maybe a bit less. 5ghz is supposed to be further.

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:51:47 am »

Darn .. that's good. Thanks

Rand47

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 01:54:29 pm »

This is great news.  Thanks for sharing.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up